how to isolate NX studio and Servo and fave amps?

morganc

Howdy Genius GR Researh hive mind.  Should I put something under my NX Studios?  They are just sitting on my servos now and I'm guessing that could be improved upon!

Any suggestions? 

And while you're at it, what's your favorite SS Amp for the NX studios?  I'm using them for HT and am looking to upgrade my Amp. 

TIA
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2022, 11:31 pm by morganc »

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
Re: how to isolate NX studio and Servo and fave amps?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2022, 04:27 am »
I placed mine on stands (cheap Pangea ones with a bigger top plate for now) and put some Isoacoustics Indigo isolators underneath the speakers (3 under each). I haven't tried them without, but they sound good with and it's not hateful expensive.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2022, 04:36 am »
I put isolation footers between my monitors and subs. I’m using Herbie’s fast dots but there are other options including from Isoacoustics

morganc

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2022, 05:30 am »
Thanks.  I've found a few good options from Herbies (thanks Mike) and various sources.  That's exactly what I needed.  Thanks. 

Anyone with experiiemce with various SS amps with the NX studios?  I'm looking at a few options and would love to hear comments including Class D amps? 

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2022, 05:42 am »
Thanks.  I've found a few good options from Herbies (thanks Mike) and various sources.  That's exactly what I needed.  Thanks. 

Anyone with experiiemce with various SS amps with the NX studios?  I'm looking at a few options and would love to hear comments including Class D amps?

There are a lot of good options with different capabilities at different price points. Are you wanting an integrated or a power amp? If integrated, are you wanting just a preamp/power amp combo or are you wanting other functionality such as DAC, network streamer, phono preamp also?

What type of budget are you thinking about?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2022, 02:39 pm »
Pass X30 or Odyssey Kismet for amps.

morganc

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2022, 06:48 pm »
There are a lot of good options with different capabilities at different price points. Are you wanting an integrated or a power amp? If integrated, are you wanting just a preamp/power amp combo or are you wanting other functionality such as DAC, network streamer, phono preamp also?

What type of budget are you thinking about?

I'm just looking for an amp.  I use these for my HT and am using an Emotiva amp now.  So I'm looking for the best bang for the buck option for HT.