If you're 40 or older...

DeeCee

If you're 40 or older...
« on: 30 Jul 2021, 02:28 am »
Get your PSA checked!

Long story, short: I was recently diagnosed with moderately aggressive prostate cancer. I am currently recovering from a radical prostatectomy and removal of some lymph glands (so far the prognosis is good).

I was TOTALLY asymptomatic and the reason I caught it fairly fast is that I receive regular blood testing (thanks to being diabetic - heh, at least diabetes was good for SOMETHING in my life... :roll:)

The point is get yourself checked and take advantage of Klaus' 20 year warranty on that Odyssey gear, OK?

Happy Listening!
DeeCee
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2021, 02:31 pm by DeeCee »

qdrone

Re: If you're 40 or older...
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2021, 02:48 am »
Hope your recovery is quick. Yes I get blood work every 4 months without fail whether if I feel good or not. Yes getting old is a part of life but hey I still have my hearing to enjoy my reference system with. Music is the suave to ones soul.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2021, 03:59 am »
D/C

Man oh man...BUT  good to hear that you're recovering....

Tell you what:  for you ,  and just for you exclusively  I'm upping your warranty to 30 years...........

GeneS

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2021, 12:04 pm »
Thanks for the advice, DeeCee, and speedy recovery.  :thumb:

rave959

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2021, 12:44 pm »
Thank you for the reminder.

Best of luck and wishing you speedy recovery!
Cheers.

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2021, 02:19 pm »
Wishing you a speedy recovery as well.  Just yesterday my 40something boss announced that he’s taking time off to have his recently discovered prostate cancer removed.  It was discovered during his annual exam.  Don’t put those off!! 

DeeCee

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2021, 03:38 pm »
D/C

Man oh man...BUT  good to hear that you're recovering....

Tell you what:  for you ,  and just for you exclusively  I'm upping your warranty to 30 years...........
Thanks, Klaus (and all others) I appreciate your well wishes! I look forward to taking advantage of that 30 years!  :lol:

I just wanted to get the word out - not the most comfortable state but getting better day by day (any day ABOVE ground is a good day).

Happy Listening All!
DeeCee

sturgus

« Reply #7 on: 1 Aug 2021, 11:21 pm »
Wishing you a full recovery. I also have been diagnosed with prostrate cancer and it ws found very early. Was treated, and 2years good so far. My advice is the same as yours get checked early and often.

DeeCee

« Reply #8 on: 2 Aug 2021, 03:34 pm »
Wishing you a full recovery. I also have been diagnosed with prostrate cancer and it ws found very early. Was treated, and 2years good so far. My advice is the same as yours get checked early and often.
Glad all worked out for you as well! Just getting the message out!

Happy Listening!
DeeCee

liptrader

« Reply #9 on: 7 Aug 2021, 03:10 pm »
A way to get check your health  is a Whole Body MRI (or CAT SCAN but is radiation), blood work (CBS,CHEM24, Thyroid screen,PSA), urinalysis, abdominal sonogram for Pancreatic Cancer, Colonoscopy, and the NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) that tells your tendency to different illnesses. Especially if there are several relatives with a common illness.
Take it from a doctor.
Now bend over!!