8" Based NX-Oticas

RonP

8" Based NX-Oticas
« on: 29 Jul 2021, 04:03 pm »
Hey when will there be more info on these? Danny mentioned them in the NRD YouTube live session.

Also, what will they be called? NX-Ochos? NX-Otica8?

:D

How about an NX-extreme with 8" passive drivers top and bottom ?

mwuhahahaha...

VinceT

Re: 8" Based NX-Oticas
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2021, 07:09 pm »
Interesting

I suppose we are 6-12 months away from anything new with all the manufacturing issues worldwide

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2021, 08:02 pm »
It's definitely going to be a while, unfortunately.

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2021, 12:14 am »
It's definitely going to be a while, unfortunately.

Hobbs don't crush our hopes here as that means no XLS Encore Macro with an 8 inch.

:D

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2021, 01:30 am »
I'm not crushing dreams, I'm just saying we're busy as heck & still trying to get NQ woofers in stock... And maintain stock on literally everything else.. lol

I think we have like 50-60 orders prepped, waiting on at least one part.. and another 40 orders that we dont have woofers for... Including half the X-series...

The woofers are finished, but shipping is a brutal bottleneck right now. We have about 400 that should be shipping within the next week or two. But that still means another 3 weeks on the sea, and a week or two getting thru customs. Assuming the ongoing delays unloading ships arent still a problem..

We're struggling to get and keep caps, inductors and resistors in stock.
I really hope things let up soon.
I know Danny still wants to hire more people, but its kinda pointless if we don't have the parts to pack & ship orders... :/

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2021, 02:07 am »
I'm not crushing dreams, I'm just saying we're busy as heck & still trying to get NQ woofers in stock... And maintain stock on literally everything else.. lol

I think we have like 50-60 orders prepped, waiting on at least one part.. and another 40 orders that we dont have woofers for... Including half the X-series...

The woofers are finished, but shipping is a brutal bottleneck right now. We have about 400 that should be shipping within the next week or two. But that still means another 3 weeks on the sea, and a week or two getting thru customs. Assuming the ongoing delays unloading ships arent still a problem..

We're struggling to get and keep caps, inductors and resistors in stock.
I really hope things let up soon.
I know Danny still wants to hire more people, but its kinda pointless if we don't have the parts to pack & ship orders... :/

Hey Hobbs,
The whole GR research team are doing a fantastic job in difficult times. My post was a little tongue in cheek. Aussie humour.

Keep up the great work mate.

SC

RonP

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2021, 02:30 am »

:lol:

Just kidding Hobbes! Really appreciate the update and all of the hard work from the GR team.

let's face it.. right now logistics are a total pain.

hmmm. an 8" NQ driver version of the NX Studio.....

oh I need to stop my mind from spiralling out of control like this  :o

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jul 2021, 02:36 am »

:lol:

Just kidding Hobbes! Really appreciate the update and all of the hard work from the GR team.

let's face it.. right now logistics are a total pain.

hmmm. an 8" NQ driver version of the NX Studio.....

oh I need to stop my mind from spiralling out of control like this  :o

:thumb: :lol: :thumb:
Nice one Ron. :lol: 

But an 8" NQ NX Studio....

Hobbs as RonP said Logistics is crazy at the moment and we understand. Take care of yourselves over at GR.

SC

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 30 Jul 2021, 02:58 am »
That's the plan! We're doing the best we can with that we've got! :thumb:

VinceT

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jul 2021, 03:17 am »
Hey at least Hobbs can CAD design all these designs for us in the meantime, just to drop in drivers and take measurements when the LTL truck finally shows up....LOL