Need new tube amp!

Kw6

Need new tube amp!
« on: 19 Jul 2021, 02:01 am »
Hi Everyone,

Can someone suggest a poor man's Jadis JA 30 MkII mono blocks? So far I can think of Quick Silver or Tsakiridis Apollon monos! Also prefer El34!

Thanks!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Need new tube amp!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2021, 02:40 am »
Hi Everyone,

Can someone suggest a poor man's Jadis JA 30 MkII mono blocks? So far I can think of Quick Silver or Tsakiridis Apollon monos! Also prefer El34!

Thanks!
If you remove the nice OPT the Jadis are a poor man amp, other parts are regular quality, commercial amps alway are a compromisse.

Kw6

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2021, 02:52 am »
Yeah I'm jealous of their OPT. Any suggestions? I want better than Prima Luna which is good ☺️

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2021, 03:26 am »
Well the best is a point of view, for EL34 SE my personal taste could be the Dennis Had Inspire which you can choose the transformers before hand if a few Watts fit your speakers, for PP I will refrain to offer suggestion.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2021, 04:26 am »
How does this look?

reisong a10 el34 hi-fi audio stereo tube amplifier $449 [Oddly, I couldn’t get the link to copy on my phone.] 

It’s sold on Amazon.com. The parts are from China, but they’re assembled by a guy (an engineer) in Taiwan. He’s quite well known in the Taiwanese audiophile community. I haven’t heard his amps, but Ashgar seems happy with his 300b amp that he recently purchased. Check with him if you’re curious.

Michael

jjss49

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2021, 04:49 am »
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

how poor is the poor man's budget?

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jul 2021, 09:31 am »
Yeah I'm jealous of their OPT. Any suggestions? I want better than Prima Luna which is good ☺️

Which Prima Luna? there are 4 tiers of upgrades, you know? Are you talking about better but less than a Prima Luna? That will be tough, I think. Maybe different in areas you like more?

Tyson really likes an EL34 kit from tubes4hifi. Maybe he will check in. I think it is an integrated.

How about Raven?

Zesto?

Radu Tarta could build you something or he might have a kit you could DIY.

Min from tubeaudiolab.com has several killer kits and can build you anything you can think of but favors SET.

Line Magnetic? Maybe Doge would be of interest?

I can go nuts and mention Einstein or Tube guru? Just messin' with ya now:)

Did you mention your speakers?

mick wolfe

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jul 2021, 02:59 pm »
Quicksilver Mid-Mono's?

jtcf

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jul 2021, 03:31 pm »
Used pair of Quicksilver mid monos at TMR(the music room)

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #9 on: 19 Jul 2021, 03:53 pm »
Used pair of Quicksilver mid monos at TMR(the music room)

IMO they are asking too much, the older led bias version usually sells for under $1500. New ones are $1995 black covers and $2219 for chrome.
I sold a very nice pair last December for $1200 shipped and a have seen several others sell for that or a little more.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #10 on: 19 Jul 2021, 03:56 pm »
I have a Mastersound EL34 integrated not being used I could sell. I also have a pair of Sofia Electric 91-01 monoblocks that are practically new I might be willing to sell as well. They're great but I'm moving in 2 months and just thinking of selling stuff instead of moving it and then rebuilding my system once I'm in the new place. I've also been super busy with work and having to travel more so I'm having less time to listen. PM me if interested.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #11 on: 19 Jul 2021, 04:00 pm »
+1 for Raven
Willsenton R8 or Line Magnetic (already mentioned) if you don't mind well built Chinese.
Icon Audio is another option.

Delta77

« Reply #12 on: 19 Jul 2021, 04:08 pm »
(Kw6)
Gonna need to know what speakers your planning on running with them or it's all just a guess..!!
 Right Guys..??

Tubeburner

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jul 2021, 04:39 pm »
Check out Decware. Very nice sounding amp and good bass.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2021, 04:45 pm »
(Kw6)
Gonna need to know what speakers your planning on running with them or it's all just a guess..!!
 Right Guys..??

He already mentioned 45 watts, I'm assuming he knows his needs.
http://www.jadis-electronics.com/en/ja30-mkii-33.php

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #15 on: 19 Jul 2021, 04:46 pm »
Check out Decware. Very nice sounding amp and good bass.

I would have mentioned them, but there is a 7 month wait and used sells fast.

twitch54

« Reply #16 on: 19 Jul 2021, 05:18 pm »
Rogue M180 mono blocks perhaps ?

djbnh

« Reply #17 on: 20 Jul 2021, 11:10 am »
How does this look?

reisong a10 el34 hi-fi audio stereo tube amplifier $449 [Oddly, I couldn’t get the link to copy on my phone.] 

It’s sold on Amazon.com. The parts are from China, but they’re assembled by a guy (an engineer) in Taiwan. He’s quite well known in the Taiwanese audiophile community. I haven’t heard his amps, but Ashgar seems happy with his 300b amp that he recently purchased. Check with him if you’re curious.

Michael
FYI - Ad copy for this amp says, "Please confirm that your speaker is a bookshelf speakers with a sensitivity 89db or more. We don't think Reisong A10 work well with a floorstanding Speaker or the low sensitivity speakers."
Link

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #18 on: 20 Jul 2021, 02:57 pm »
FYI - Ad copy for this amp says, "Please confirm that your speaker is a bookshelf speakers with a sensitivity 89db or more. We don't think Reisong A10 work well with a floorstanding Speaker or the low sensitivity speakers."
Link

Good information. However, Kw6 has still not declared which speakers he intends to use with his amp(s). It would be very helpful to know this.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #19 on: 20 Jul 2021, 03:30 pm »
Good information. However, Kw6 has still not declared which speakers he intends to use with his amp(s). It would be very helpful to know this.

Martin Logan I think.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=177229.msg1865451#msg1865451