Willy's Wonderland (2021) - Nicolas Cage cleans up

WGH

Willy's Wonderland (2021) - Nicolas Cage cleans up
« on: 29 Jun 2021, 01:58 am »

Just for fun imagine a 1950's horror film transported to 2020, then include Nicolas Cage as a drifter channeling Clint Eastwood from his early "Man with No Name" spaghetti western days and set all the action in an abandoned Chuck E Cheese with murderous animatronics and you have "Willy's Wonderland".

Is this 100% stupid fun? You betcha! Teenagers die, Cage is a really good night janitor, dispatches bloodthirsty animatronics all while taking soda breaks to play pinball. Cage takes the quiet man to the extreme and doesn't say a word in the entire film.

Willy's Wonderland isn't as suspenseful or scary as the trailer suggests, the violence is G rated, there is no nudity but there is one scene where 2 clothed teenagers are fornicating. If your 10 year old knows how babies are made then WW is OK.

Even though WW is stupid, Nicholas Cage holds the film together, I wanted to see how it ended and didn't fast forward like I did in "Color Out of Space" so I wouldn't miss any action.

72% Audience score on RT - watch the trailer to see if you dare go to Willy's Wonderland. Willy Weasel, Arty Alligator, Cammy Chameleon, Ozzie Ostrich, Tito Turtle, Knighty Knight, Gus Gorilla, and Siren Sara are waiting for you.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/willys_wonderland

:popcorn: :thumb: :thumb: