iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane

mr_bill

Re: iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
« Reply #20 on: 16 Sep 2021, 10:47 pm »
We're aware that people want it, but I have no specific date (or any confirmation that Chromecast is coming) at this time.

Chromecast is a feature listed on the website as coming but time tbd.

iFi David

• Facilitator
  • iFi audio NEO Stream is here!
    • iFi audio
« Reply #21 on: 23 Sep 2021, 04:47 pm »
Chromecast is a feature listed on the website as coming but time tbd.

Once I have any new info on this matter, I'll make sure to update everyone here on AC as well  :)

uphoto

• Restricted
« Reply #22 on: 23 Sep 2021, 09:51 pm »
And I think I'm done!

Got the replacement unit and things worked great for a few days and now it's back to not playing anything thru airplay.  Roon works great but can't get it to work on apple music or spotify.  The second unit with same issues and the retailer I got it thru had the same issues.

These units shouldn't be on the market until you guys figure your shit out.  Wasted so much time with this thing, I want it to work!!!  With Roon it sounds great but that's it, submitted another ticket......third ticket, second unit.

whell

« Reply #23 on: 23 Sep 2021, 11:17 pm »
Quboz or Amazon HD streaming available on this unit?

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #24 on: 24 Sep 2021, 08:26 am »
Quboz or Amazon HD streaming available on this unit?

At the moment ZEN Stream's connectivity options are as follows:

-Stream straight from Spotify/Tidal apps with Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
-Works with any DLNA certified streaming app
-Integrated Airplay and Chromecast (to be added in the future) - easy streaming from Apple and Android devices
-Roon compatible – basically, it adds Roon to any DAC.
-NAA operation in conjunction with Sygnalist’s HQPlayer software

And I think I'm done!

Got the replacement unit and things worked great for a few days and now it's back to not playing anything thru airplay.  Roon works great but can't get it to work on apple music or spotify.  The second unit with same issues and the retailer I got it thru had the same issues.

These units shouldn't be on the market until you guys figure your shit out.  Wasted so much time with this thing, I want it to work!!!  With Roon it sounds great but that's it, submitted another ticket......third ticket, second unit.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with ZEN Stream. I'm certain that along with future updates it will work for you just as it should. In the meantime please use our support ticket, and if any extra assistance is needed - I'm here to help as well :)

uphoto

• Restricted
« Reply #25 on: 24 Sep 2021, 06:45 pm »

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with ZEN Stream. I'm certain that along with future updates it will work for you just as it should. In the meantime please use our support ticket, and if any extra assistance is needed - I'm here to help as well :)

Appreciate it David, if you can let a tech person know I put in a ticket but haven't heard anything.  Bloom Audio has been great and will take the unit back from me but I do want to give you guys a chance to figure this out, Bloom said they've had a few people having issues.

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #26 on: 27 Sep 2021, 07:33 am »
Appreciate it David, if you can let a tech person know I put in a ticket but haven't heard anything.  Bloom Audio has been great and will take the unit back from me but I do want to give you guys a chance to figure this out, Bloom said they've had a few people having issues.

Sure, I'm happy to help if I can. If you can drop me your ticket number, I can check for myself how it's processed etc.

uphoto

• Restricted
« Reply #27 on: 27 Sep 2021, 02:26 pm »
Sure, I'm happy to help if I can. If you can drop me your ticket number, I can check for myself how it's processed etc.

Sent my ticket # to you in a PM.

Submitted the ticket on Thursday of last week and haven’t heard a thing………..

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #28 on: 28 Sep 2021, 01:34 pm »
Sent my ticket # to you in a PM.

Submitted the ticket on Thursday of last week and haven’t heard a thing………..

I'll try to help via PM!

Nick B

« Reply #29 on: 8 Apr 2022, 06:00 am »
David,

Have some of these issues been resolved by now? I am thinking of getting the Zen Streamer. Also, I have a dedicated 15v lps that I use for my Auralic Aries Mini. It appears the iFi  can accept anything from 9-15v, is that correct?

Nick

jjss49

« Reply #30 on: 8 Apr 2022, 03:37 pm »
the zs has been excellent for me, i use it wired, not wireless, so for me it has been flawless and sounds very very good

sometimes when starting it up as a roon endpoint one needs to disable then enable, doing it an extra time, then it engages... not an issue once its understood

Nick B

« Reply #31 on: 8 Apr 2022, 06:13 pm »
the zs has been excellent for me, i use it wired, not wireless, so for me it has been flawless and sounds very very good

sometimes when starting it up as a roon endpoint one needs to disable then enable, doing it an extra time, then it engages... not an issue once its understood

Thanks for that. Very helpful. The Auralic Mini has been a great sounding streamer, but I’ve always had connectivity issues with it using Roon. I can’t tell you how many times I have disconnected the cable to the power supply to reboot. I would be using the iFi streamer in wireless mode. If it is as simple as disabling then enabling occasionally to get a connection, then I think I’ll likely get one.

mr_bill

« Reply #32 on: 8 Apr 2022, 07:14 pm »
I have an Auralic Mini and it loses its network connection a lot.
I have an ifi Stream but have not hooked it up to try yet.

Nick B

« Reply #33 on: 9 Apr 2022, 06:02 am »
I have an Auralic Mini and it loses its network connection a lot.
I have an ifi Stream but have not hooked it up to try yet.

When you do hook it up, please advise what you think