Listening to ABBA

Samac

Re: Listening to ABBA
« Reply #20 on: 12 Feb 2021, 05:58 pm »
ABBA made some of the best pop songs ever recorded. ABBA Gold sounds so good on the stereo. Love ‘em. :thumb:

Cheers,

Scott

Mag

« Reply #21 on: 12 Feb 2021, 07:24 pm »
ABBA made some of the best pop songs ever recorded. ABBA Gold sounds so good on the stereo. Love ‘em. :thumb:

Cheers,

Scott

I have ABBA Gold too although I was listening to ABBA on Youtube when I posted. The CD sounds way better than Youtube which I have converted to a Digital File on a USB stick.

Saturn94

« Reply #22 on: 12 Feb 2021, 10:06 pm »
I love Sweden and the Swedish people but Abba is WAY too pop/happy/disco for me. My wife loves the whole ABBA/Mama Mia thing and I respect that but it gets me out of the house every time. She often plays ABBA when I take our dog out for long walks. My X wife dragged me to a Mama Mia stage production twenty years ago and I have no doubt it helped hasten our separation.

Lol.  :lol:

These days I’ll take all the happy I can get!  :)

Craig B

« Reply #23 on: 12 Feb 2021, 10:11 pm »
I don't devalue their music at all - I think there's a legitimate place for all kinds of pop. But I will admit that I think of them as something of a guilty pleasure, and that there are only about 3 or 4 of their songs I like in the first place.