Bigger, Bolder, Better.... The new AMR

iFi David

• Facilitator
  • iFi audio NEO Stream is here!
    • iFi audio
Bigger, Bolder, Better.... The new AMR
« on: 21 Sep 2018, 07:38 pm »
Something completely new, REALLY BIG and literally out of this world is coming.

https://amr-audio.co.uk/

Stay tuned, it's worth it.

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
Re: Bigger, Bolder, Better.... The new AMR
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2018, 09:28 pm »
Folks, RMAF is upon us!

If you're nearby, please do visit us. The place is easy to find, right between food and beverrages :icon_twisted:

Docere

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2018, 01:56 am »
Something completely new, REALLY BIG and literally out of this world is coming.

https://amr-audio.co.uk/

Stay tuned, it's worth it.

Do you mean the website will be bigger, bolder and better or/and the products?

I have been wondering whether AMR would continue: the website is way out of date and I've not heard of any product development since the DP-777SE.

I like the sound of my DP-777SE (bought new), but would only trade up to other AMR products if I had some guarantee regarding their reliability, compatibility, and service. Authentically better, not just advertised better.

Fingers crossed this really is a better AMR.

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2018, 08:37 pm »
Do you mean the website will be bigger, bolder and better or/and the products?

I have been wondering whether AMR would continue: the website is way out of date and I've not heard of any product development since the DP-777SE.

I like the sound of my DP-777SE (bought new), but would only trade up to other AMR products if I had some guarantee regarding their reliability, compatibility, and service. Authentically better, not just advertised better.

Fingers crossed this really is a better AMR.

Please rest assured that we're not this enthusiastic just about the site alone.

Docere

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2018, 11:45 pm »
David, glad to hear there are new products on the way. I consider AMR to be a different brand to iFi, with different customer expectations. From AMR I expect rock-solid reliability, compatibility, an upgrade path, elegant operation and aesthetic... and of course a musical performance that I like.

If there is a nice DAC/Pre in the mix, I will consider it although I will still be nervous about reliability.

Good fortune at RMAF.

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2018, 07:42 pm »
David, glad to hear there are new products on the way. I consider AMR to be a different brand to iFi, with different customer expectations. From AMR I expect rock-solid reliability, compatibility, an upgrade path, elegant operation and aesthetic... and of course a musical performance that I like.

If there is a nice DAC/Pre in the mix, I will consider it although I will still be nervous about reliability.

Good fortune at RMAF.

My pleasure. For now we are silent on all fronts as it's not our intention to spoil the big surprise. But as far as reliability goes, well, let me say this: AMR machines no longer manufactured we still service, some 12 years old. Yes, hardware long past warranty, but we look after it anyway.

Docere

« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2018, 09:31 pm »
Understand AMR not wanting to give much away at this stage.

Regarding reliability, I'd expect that machines 12 years old can still be serviced - credit to AMR for doing this. I was more thinking that a machine should not need a repair/service for several years after purchase. Sure, there will always be a small number of repairs... but the smaller the better. It is no fun turning on a piece of equipment and wondering if it will work or having to send it to the opposite end of the continent for warranty repair, even when the dealer does a wonderful job of assisting.

I await the big reveal!

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2018, 07:41 pm »
We'll just leave this Ken Okuyama's Kode 0 gfx (taken from Jay Leno's Garage) here for now.

And yes, it has something to do with AMR indeed...

Docere

« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2018, 10:31 pm »
Ken Okuyama has done the industrial design?...  :popcorn:

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2018, 10:59 pm »
Ken Okuyama has done the industrial design?...  :popcorn:

He inspired us greatly  :icon_twisted:

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #10 on: 2 Oct 2018, 09:37 pm »
Also folks, AMR will be demoing two machines in the Colorado Audio Society Hospitality Suite at RMAF. Room 6007.

Yup, we're giving away Fast Blow fuses for Magnepan speakers! 2.5A for Magnepan 3.6/3.7 and 4A for other Magnepan machines.

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #11 on: 4 Oct 2018, 09:46 pm »
...and we'll just leave this GFX by Blizzard here.

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #12 on: 6 Oct 2018, 08:40 pm »
Folks, RMAF!

Amazing show, amazing vibe, amazing visitors, amazing hardware! And we're there!

Many of our products are to be found at our place, including the full Pro stack (Pro iESL + Pro iCAN + Pro iDSD) and a number of fabulous headphones; Focal Utopia, Final D8000 etc.

And we have something very special in there too! The latest AMR DAC. For now we'll just put these pictures here, but in upcoming weeks we'll reveal more nfo about this machine!

Docere

« Reply #13 on: 10 Oct 2018, 11:44 am »
The website is certainly looking better, if a bit busier than I'd like.

The new AMR DAC looks kinda Gucci/gaudy - maybe it looks better in the flesh? It will appeal to a certain type of customer, but I prefer something more shibui or scando in style. I'll be looking elsewhere.

Edit: Sorry AMR, that came off a bit rough: just meant that the aesthetics of AMR products are headed in a different direction to my preferences, but certain, lucrative markets will love it.
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2018, 01:38 am by Docere »

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #14 on: 19 Oct 2018, 10:00 pm »
The website is certainly looking better, if a bit busier than I'd like.

The new AMR DAC looks kinda Gucci/gaudy - maybe it looks better in the flesh? It will appeal to a certain type of customer, but I prefer something more shibui or scando in style. I'll be looking elsewhere.

Edit: Sorry AMR, that came off a bit rough: just meant that the aesthetics of AMR products are headed in a different direction to my preferences, but certain, lucrative markets will love it.

No apologies needed, you are entitled to your own opinion and you certainly can be vocal about it here.

As for AMR DAC, yup, it is unique looker and can be a bit on the edgy and non-standard side, but this is what it is to us. Soon we'll reveal tasty nfo about what it actually is inside and maybe then looks will be less important  8)

Docere

« Reply #15 on: 15 Jan 2021, 10:09 am »
So what happened? You spent a decade going back to your roots and what is the outcome? 15 months since the teaser of tasty info and?..

No matter, after three rounds of repairs my DP-777SE has been solid and I still like it.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2021, 06:26 am by Docere »

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #16 on: 19 Jan 2021, 01:00 pm »
So what happened? You spent a decade going back to your roots and what is the outcome? 15 months since the teaser of tasty info and?..

...and this AMR project is still at works :)

No matter, after three rounds of repairs my DP-777SE has been solid and I still like it.

Thanks!

Nidri17

« Reply #17 on: 12 Dec 2022, 07:53 am »

Would it be correct to say that iFi now takes preference over AMR, from an R&D POV?