• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Blues music only.
« Reply #1423 on: 17 Nov 2023, 02:19 am »

Incredible talent in this young man!

Agreed, Kingfish is awesome.

K.F.

« Reply #1424 on: 21 Nov 2023, 07:51 pm »
This is the Blues album of the year, incredible!
https://soundliaison.com/
With 'Stones in My Passway' Carmen Gomes Inc. embarks on a remarkable journey through the corridors of time. Paying homage to the legendary blues musician, composer, and founding father of the fatal 27 Club, Robert Johnson, their album transcends the boundaries of traditional recordings, offering a mesmerizing sonic road movie experience.

'Stones in My Passway' effortlessly transports you, each track being a gateway, to a world where time and space intertwine with the rich tapestry of Johnson's life.
Imagine Robert Johnson walking alone late at night in the 1930s United States of America, en route to his sad demise in Greenwood, Mississippi. As he walks, he reflects upon his life, accompanied by the sounds of the night and the echoes of his memories.
The small innovative soundscape vignettes, encompassing each song, weave a cinematic narrative to the unique road movie concept, further enhancing the emotional connection and depth of the musical experience.
It's an immersive and evocative concept album showcasing the power of artistic vision and technical innovation, and a deep reverence for the timeless beauty of Robert Johnson's music.

ptman

« Reply #1425 on: 21 Nov 2023, 09:49 pm »
We saw Kingfish on Sunday night in St Louis, MO USA.

I've been a fan since I saw a YouTube clip prior to his first album (playing "Hey Joe").

Seeing him live was a whole new experience. His guitar tone, singing voice, stage presence (an extended stroll through the auditorium playing a 15 minute solo), and ability to string his solos within a song to a rousing finish made for a great evening.

I've seen a lot of blues/rock guitarists over my 67 years, and had the pleasure of digging Stevie Ray Vaughan when he was playing in Austin nightclubs in the late '70s, as well as Albert King, BB, Albert Collins, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy...on and on. Kingfish is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

If you can see him live, don't miss him. It's an experience beyond his records.

mav52

« Reply #1426 on: 15 Dec 2023, 01:52 pm »

Incredible talent in this young man!

Yes he is. 

decal

« Reply #1427 on: 15 Dec 2023, 03:44 pm »

Zuman

« Reply #1428 on: 16 Dec 2023, 01:40 am »
This is the Blues album of the year, incredible!
https://soundliaison.com/
This album is my favorite music purchase of 2023.
It's an impeccable recording of a series of inspired, soulful, and skilled performances, and a 192kHz FLAC download will cost you just $18. Just do it!