RE: IDEAL SUBWOOFER INTERCONNECT

OSIB16

RE: IDEAL SUBWOOFER INTERCONNECT
« on: 28 May 2016, 01:44 pm »
Hi Jeff,
          its's Dan Osib here. I just wanted to thank you for the NEOTECH NEI-3003 interconnect that you sold me. I am now using it for my SUBWOOFER INTERCONNECT.   I soldered it to some Eichmann Bullet RCA plugs I already had laying around. You weren't kidding when you said that I would hear an improvement in the BASS response.
          Can I just say that the bass is now faster, deeper, fuller. There is no more 'overhang' like I experienced with my last interconnect. Thanks again for helping me to unlock the true potential of my system.

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
Re: RE: IDEAL SUBWOOFER INTERCONNECT
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2016, 04:51 am »
Dan,

I'm glad to hear it :wink:  And, thank you for the feedback :green:

OSIB16

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2016, 11:14 am »
Yeah, before I tried your cable I was UNHAPPY with my Sub and looking to upgrade it to a different model.  Not  now though.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2016, 12:10 pm »
Nice to hear. Is that cable available for xlr wiring?

Rocket Ronny

Escott1377

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jun 2016, 12:19 pm »

Rocket Ronny

The 3001 makes a great XLR cable.

OSIB16

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jun 2016, 12:29 pm »
XLR connection for a SUBWOOFER doesn't give the best sound quality. RCA is the better way to go.

The 3001 makes a great XLR cable.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #6 on: 2 Jun 2016, 12:39 pm »
A long XLR balanced interconnect system is always better than a long RCA unbalanced interconnect system. But it's about the system not just the cable. The exception being poorly designed audiophile equipment with XLR pin 1 problems.

Escott1377

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jun 2016, 12:43 pm »
XLR connection for a SUBWOOFER doesn't give the best sound quality. RCA is the better way to go.

That was not the question that was asked.

OSIB16

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jun 2016, 12:44 pm »
A long XLR balanced interconnect system is always better than a long RCA unbalanced interconnect system. But it's about the system not just the cable. The exception being poorly designed audiophile equipment with XLR pin 1 problems.

You're probably right. However for something like 2.5 METRES,  then RCA is the way to go.

OSIB16

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jun 2016, 12:50 pm »
That was not the question that was asked.

Because this is a Subwoofer Interconnect thread,  I assumed that that ROCKET RONNIE was seeking advice for using XLR Connection with his SUB

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: 2 Jun 2016, 08:58 pm »

Agreed.

Jeff

• Facilitator
  • Test...
    • Sonic Craft, Inc.
« Reply #11 on: 2 Jun 2016, 09:07 pm »

Rocket Ronny

No, it is single ended only.  The 3001 is good stuff, but perhaps overkill (and less application specific).  The NEI-4001 would do nicely, but I do not offer it bulk at this time.  I do have some deeply discounted pairs that are terminated with RCAs: http://www.soniccraft.com/product_info.php/neotech-nei-4001-finished-cables-2m-p-2193  I might have some bulk available on my site in a couple of weeks.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #12 on: 2 Jun 2016, 11:37 pm »
At 2.5 meters and with both components powered from the same AC circuit, the difference between XLR and RCA will be small indeed.