Wife showed me this cartoon this morning...

jaylevine

Wife showed me this cartoon this morning...
« on: 23 May 2015, 07:46 pm »

JoshK

Re: Wife showed me this cartoon this morning...
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2015, 07:50 pm »
yep, that is how I feel these days.   I am on the border of selling all my vinyl wares

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2015, 08:49 pm »
yep, that is how I feel these days.   I am on the border of selling all my vinyl wares
Me too!!

Tubeburner

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2015, 08:56 pm »
I gave a good friend 836 albums last weekend.  I'd say I am done. I just don't have the time or patience with vinyl.

Don_S

« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2015, 09:02 pm »
All three of my audio buddies who had vinyl gave it up. They had nice rigs too.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2015, 09:26 pm »
If you give up your vinyl, you can't have the chicks come over and check out your "stack".

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2015, 10:18 pm »
If you give up your vinyl, you can't have the chicks come over and check out your "stack".

Check out my stack?
It's been several years now since I noticed young women holding the door open for me. I took that as a signal that I was now old.
Most unlikely that any stack of vinyl would change that perception. I'm pretty sure a stack of hundreds would change the way they see me. But I realize that time brings changes. My body and mind have both been compromised by the passage of time and I've been willing to accept that reality. For some reason I've been deceiving myself about vinyl though. I rarely play an album any more and it is usually just a nostalgic exercise when I do.
Those of you who think I'm crazy to let them go should rent a truck and come on by with that stack of hundreds I need.

apollophono

« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2015, 10:44 pm »
That's funny...I'm just the opposite.  I just scored a modified Lenco L-75 and I've got to say I
haven't gone back to my iPod or cd player at all.  I paid $800 and I have a cheapie Ortofon
OM 5e cartridge but I'm more than satisfied.   I must say that I do use my iPod in the car
though. 

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2015, 11:39 pm »
I got rid of my vinyl around 1983 (only really had 40 or so albums like MoFis in nice shape as the rest was played on lousy equipment when I was young).  For around 15 years I had some doubts as to whether I should give it another shot and over the last several no doubts at all.  I may eventually run out of room for discs and I find myself buying more hi-rez downloads.  Bought four the other day.  I guess I am at the point where this makes sense to me now:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2015, 04:37 am »
I already sell it all in 1985, by by click and pops.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2015, 04:41 am »
I gave a good friend 836 albums last weekend.  I'd say I am done. I just don't have the time or patience with vinyl.
This not a prob, if you consider the wear, sooner or later that LP will be old/worn.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2015, 11:06 am »
Yes dumped my vinyl system in 1985 (literally dropped the nice turntable while moving gear around and it landed on the tonearm).  So committed to digital.  Never could stand the surface noise anyways.

Yeah another old fart, the last time I had a female (other than the cat or wife) in the man cave was my 8 year old niece (that is now graduating from high school).  Once they figure out that you're a nut of any kind, they run.

Nearly all pastimes are expensive and inconvenient.  At least audio has the following advantages:

- Technology continues to make good sound cheaper, smaller, and more convenient
- Except for travel to shops, friends, or shows everything can happen at home (no money/time lost)
- It be enjoyed anytime, any weather, any season
- Can be enjoyed with your favorite beverage, book, etc.
- You can choose the level of interaction needed with the system
- It's safe

GentleBender

« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2015, 12:00 pm »
Make sure you give us AC guys a chance at your "junk", I'll be circling over.  :lol: I've had friends over that want to get into vinyl now that they have heard mine. Not because it is the best system, but it does sound great for what it is. These people were all about digital and thought I was nostalgic. Once I'm done with upgrades to this, I want to start on the digital side for convenience. I can use my friends and others on here to help with that quest.