SP Technologies Timepiece Speakers

audiojerry

« Reply #120 on: 28 Dec 2003, 09:21 pm »
fwiw,
I tried the Timepiece with the Sony AVD C700ES with 120wpc. It drove the Timepiece very nicely with plenty of bass heft.

infiniti driver

« Reply #121 on: 29 Dec 2003, 03:49 am »
audio jerry, I actually tried them with a SAEX-900 Technics receiver (also know as an SAEX-510 and it seems these speakers are not super picky about the quality of the amplifier as long as their is pleanty of power. I never remembered that receiver sounding that good before. 120W/Ch...although toward higher levels, you could "see" the DC entering into the voice coil of the woofer via abnormal cone movement but no burn-outs, heat-ups are audible problems. I say their impedance curve to be an easy one for all kinds of amplifiers so long as you have at least 60 watts per channel. A Dynaco ST70 is really a tease...no quite enough power for a wide range of music but really nice on combo jazz.

Neighborhood Troll

« Reply #122 on: 13 Jan 2004, 11:23 am »
hey everyone, im new here. i kinda have a rep for being a Troll, but that is positively unintentional. so, if i step on anyone's toes, please feel free to let me know.

anyways, this sounds very cool. i think i might try out a pair. let me scrape the money up first. cool website SP Tech! and definately an intersting product.

i didn't get a chance to read all the specs yet, but from reading through this forum, the TP's take a minimum of 300 watts/ch. what's the max? and what typ/how powerful and amp do you suggest. (again, may have already been covered, but this was a big thread when i got here, so i don't have eternity to read all that.)

as a side note, you said your son did the 3D modeling? no promisses or anything, but would it be all right to give him a call?

give me a hoot at troll1545@hotmail.com