John: FAL at CES?

fatherandsonaudio

« on: 9 Dec 2003, 05:54 am »
John,

Will you be at CES?  If so, will you have the FAL drivers/speakers on display?

Thanks...Mike

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2003, 08:08 pm »
Hello!

I will be at the show but not exhibiting. As I sell my stuff direct (and CES is geared to retail sales distribution)  it is too much money to spend to exhibit. I will have to get ahold of the FAL folks and see if they will be exhibiting again this year. I hope they do as I look forward to seeing them again!

I hope we'll have some tx102's at CES in other folks products. I will report once I confirm who's products they'd be in. Last year we had a nice surprise when i found a pair in Josh Stippich's room!

I'll also hope to meet up with a few folks who follow the forums here. Please e-mail if you want to get together and roam the show a bit!

Thansk!

John Chapman
www.bentaudio.com

fatherandsonaudio

« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2003, 08:14 pm »
Hey John...Hope FAL is there, as we will be coming out with our own speaker eventually and we are in the driver research stage.  The FAL driver is at the top of our list to hear.  Can't see ourselves popping $1600 for a pair just for research sight "unheard"  :-(

Wouldn't mind hearing some of your products either  ;-)

Regards...Mike - Father & Son Audio

www.fatherandsonaudio.com

Ed Sawyer

CES
« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2003, 04:28 am »
hi  John -

I'll be @ CES again this year - hopefully we can catch up! Keep in touch, I will be around the Harbeth room @ THE show from time to time. Hope all is well,

-Ed Sawyer

John Chapman

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2003, 03:08 pm »
Ed,

Glad you'll be there. I am going to try and have a  couple of 'lets get bent' dinner's so if anyone is interested and will be at the show please e-mail and hopefully we can get some groups together to go for some food!

I caught the Blue Man Group in NYC last summer with my son and it was a hoot. Maybe if there are some others wanting to see the show in Vegas we can do that one night. Before last years show (and having not been to Vegas before) I made a futile attempt to locate some real music (was trying for Jazz) to go see but it seems there is none.... Actually there seems to be very little in Vegas that is real at all! After a  fun trip there last year at CES I came away thinking that if it were any less plastic it would just be sad. It is so overdone and plastic somehow they actually pull it off!

If anyone knows of anything good to do music wise or of any good spots to eat please let me know!

Thansk!

John Chapman
www.bentaudio.com

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 15 Dec 2003, 11:49 pm »
John,

Hopefully I'll be seeing you at the CES show as well.  I'll be running around between a few of the rooms, but maybe I can meet up with you to be a little "bent" after dinner ;).

Regards,

John Chapman

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2003, 02:25 pm »
Hello!

Just a quick update. FAL will be at CES Alexis Park Room 2451. It'll be a rare chance to have a listen so please try and get by if you are at CES.

Many Thansk!

John Chapman
www.bentaudio.com