JL Audio Fathom f112 Subwoofer -> SOLD

kenreau

JL Audio Fathom f112 Subwoofer -> SOLD
« on: 19 Nov 2015, 09:56 pm »
JL Audio Fathom f112 Subwoofer. Original owner, like new condition. Installed ~ 5 years ago and never moved. Has super cool set up DSP program with microphone kit that allows professional results with blending in with your other speakers and room acoustics. It generates audio signals and sweeps your room response, then adjusts output and crossover settings for best sound quality.

Numerous reviewers / magazine awards over the years. This is a very high end professional company that makes state of the art products. I replaced two Hsu 12 sub woofers with this one Fathom and got at least twice as good of bass response. It will shake the foundations of your house. Bass quality like you may never have experienced before. It is amazing to hear how much really low bass is present on Blurays and music that typically doesn't get reproduced by Best Buy cheap boxes.

Price: $2900 (high-gloss black) when new. Sell for $1,900 cash.  Add 3% ppal.  Guessing around $150 to ship in lower 48 of US. 
Dimensions: 18.5"H x 15"W x 17.625"D
Weight: 115 pounds

Features
Power modes: Off, On, Automatic signal-sensing
1500W (short term) class-D amplifier (manufacturer rated)
Rated frequency response: 21-119Hz, ±1.5dB
Crossover: 12dB or 24dB/octave
Low-pass filter: continuously variable from 30 to 130Hz
Polarity: 0/180 degrees
Phase: continuously variable from 0 to 280 degrees
ELF Trim: -12dB to +3dB at 25Hz
12" driver
Sealed enclosure.

I have the original shipping box, set up kit with microphone.

Testimonials (on all JL Audio Fathom Subs)
stereophile_logo_150
“Never before had new audio gear reshaped the depth and width of the soundstage, doubled the dynamic range, and increased the transparency, all at the same time… I recommend the JL Audio Fathom f112 Subwoofer for Class A of Stereophile’s “Recommended Components,” and urge you to listen to a pair of them. I’m sure you’ll be convinced, as I was, that the benefits to your system’s soundstaging will be as impressive as they will be in the reproduction of deep bass. My entire system achieved its best performance to date, producing clean, tight, solid bass signals with excellent pitch definition. Great work, JL Audio!”
 – Larry Greenhill, Stereophile (read the review)

“The JL Audio Fathom f112 Subwoofer is of reference quality and a benchmark by which all other subwoofers can be judged.”
 – Robert Harley, The Absolute Sound (read the review)

“Through the JL Audio Fathom f112 Subwoofer, bass guitars, low winds and brass, low percussion, bass synthesizers, and especially pipe organs had the majestic power and clarity that they do in real life.”
 – The Perfect Vision Editors Choice Award: JL AUDIO Fathom f112 Subwoofer (read the review)
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2015, 03:45 am by kenreau »

Peter_S

Re: JL Audio Fathom f112 Subwoofer
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2015, 08:38 pm »
Where are you located?

kenreau

Re: JL Audio Fathom f112 Subwoofer
« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2015, 06:32 pm »
Hi Peter, I'm in Portland, Oregon.

Kenreau

kenreau

Re: JL Audio Fathom f112 Subwoofer - SOLD
« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2015, 10:11 pm »
Fathom F112 sub sold

Thanks
Kenreau

srb

SOLD: JL Audio Fathom f112 Subwoofer
« Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2015, 10:45 pm »
Hey Ken,

FYI - adding SOLD to the original first post Subject: is what shows up in the topic lists as Sold.

Steve