VMPS RM2's For Sale!

OlesonMD

VMPS RM2's For Sale!
« on: 16 Nov 2019, 09:12 pm »
A gorgeous pair of RM2's, hand built by Brian Cheney. I purchased these directly from him, and these were probably among the last speakers he built.

Stunning piano black gloss finish! These are absolute mint, like new.

These would probably retail for around $3600 today. I will sacrifice these for only $499.95 for the pair. This will also be posted on the Dallas/Fort Worth Craig's List site.

PM me for additional info.

« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2019, 10:54 pm by OlesonMD »

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Tower II Special Edition For Sale!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2019, 10:04 pm »
OMG...!   :drool:

Those are RM-2's.  Wow.  I only wish you were closer to me, as I'd be all over those.

GLWTS

revg1952

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2019, 10:16 pm »
Stimpy is correct, those are RM 2's; not Tower II Special Editions. Incredible speakers for an even greater price.
RevG

OlesonMD

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2019, 10:43 pm »
Stimpy is correct, those are RM 2's; not Tower II Special Editions. Incredible speakers for an even greater price.
RevG

Well...I guess I stand corrected. Could have sworn these were Tower II SE's.

Stimpy

Re: VMPS RM2's For Sale!
« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2019, 11:24 pm »
Tower II SE

OlesonMD

« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2019, 12:34 am »
I guess these were under priced, as both my Mini Towers and these RM2's sold immediately...in less than a day.

Should have asked a higher price? Dang it!

Edit: At the last minute, I canceled the sale of the RM2's. There is nothing wrong with them, and I will continue to use them as the front L&R speakers in my theater. Klipsch RF-7III's were under serious consideration for replacements.
What is the current market value of RM2's?
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2019, 03:02 pm by OlesonMD »

Stimpy

« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2019, 03:30 pm »
I guess these were under priced, as both my Mini Towers and these RM2's sold immediately...in less than a day.

Should have asked a higher price? Dang it!

Edit: At the last minute, I canceled the sale of the RM2's. There is nothing wrong with them, and I will continue to use them as the front L&R speakers in my theater. Klipsch RF-7III's were under serious consideration for replacements.
What is the current market value of RM2's?

The last pair of RM2's, listed in the for sale thread, had a buy it now price of $800.  I've also seen listings for $850, $1000, $1150, and $1500.  But, no way of knowing if the speakers sold?  Asking price and selling price can be 2 very different amounts.

OlesonMD

« Reply #7 on: 17 Nov 2019, 04:19 pm »
The last pair of RM2's, listed in the for sale thread, had a buy it now price of $800.  I've also seen listings for $850, $1000, $1150, and $1500.  But, no way of knowing if the speakers sold?  Asking price and selling price can be 2 very different amounts.

These sold in minutes, at $500, until the sale was canceled. Can you tell which version my RM2’s are? I have seen many different models of this same speaker pictured online.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #8 on: 17 Nov 2019, 07:11 pm »
These sold in minutes, at $500, until the sale was canceled. Can you tell which version my RM2’s are? I have seen many different models of this same speaker pictured online.

Yours are the original version, later models have the FST tweeter.

Stimpy

« Reply #9 on: 17 Nov 2019, 10:00 pm »
Yours are the original version, later models have the FST tweeter.

Yep, dual spiral ribbons, or a single ribbon.  Other than finish, or factory options, that's it.

OlesonMD

« Reply #10 on: 1 Dec 2019, 12:36 pm »
My RM2's have found a new home, and the owner is thrilled! He already has a VMPS subwoofer, and is a long term fan of Brian's designs.

My replacements for these are Klipsch RF-7 III's. My entire theater is Klipsch (11 speakers), except for the dual subs which are kits from Madisound that I assembled.

The RM2's were simply too large for any other room in my house, or I would have kept them.