The NFL Season 2018-2019

rodge827

Re: The NFL Season 2018-2019
« Reply #100 on: 19 Nov 2018, 03:44 am »

so, how bout dem Iggles !! in all fairness they have been decimated by injuries but I wonder if certain coaching vacancies haven't hurt  ?? .......

Yeah how bout dem E-A-G- ah screw it! We're done! Yes injuries and coach poachin' has hurt my guys   :duh:

That said I have mad respect for Brees and company who have an extremely well built machine!  :thumb: 

Hats off to the Saints as they steam roll their way through the rest of the season!

Who dat? Aint nobody!

Chris

twitch54

« Reply #101 on: 19 Nov 2018, 03:01 pm »
Yeah how bout dem E-A-G- ah screw it! We're done! Yes injuries and coach poachin' has hurt my guys   :duh:

That said I have mad respect for Brees and company who have an extremely well built machine!  :thumb: 

Hats off to the Saints as they steam roll their way through the rest of the season!

Who dat? Aint nobody!

Chris

yep, I think Frank Reich meant more to the team than realized plus the loss of legitimate running game.

stlrman

« Reply #102 on: 19 Nov 2018, 03:18 pm »
Big Ben threw like a gazillion interceptions, BUT still managed to bring his team back from 16-0
And led two touchdown scoring drives in the last 5 minutes of the game . 
We will take it .

rodge827

« Reply #103 on: 19 Nov 2018, 03:22 pm »
yep, I think Frank Reich meant more to the team than realized plus the loss of legitimate running game.

Yes he did!  The loss of a defensive secondary, severely banged up o-line, no deep threat receivers to stretch the field, and .......

Not excuses just a sad reality!

BTW The Iggles have a new one for the record books...the largest point differential in a loss by a reigning Super Bowl Champion!  :rotflmao: :shake:

Now a loss to the Giants to complete the dive into the abyss!  :green:

Chris 

randytsuch

« Reply #104 on: 19 Nov 2018, 03:40 pm »
Will be watching Rams tonight, see if they can stop KC.

Should be exciting.

Randy

twitch54

« Reply #105 on: 19 Nov 2018, 05:40 pm »
Will be watching Rams tonight, see if they can stop KC.

Should be exciting.

Randy

if history means anything, Andy Reid, in time will stop himself. His playoff time management and play calling skills are some of the worst ever .......

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #106 on: 19 Nov 2018, 06:21 pm »
Yes he did!  The loss of a defensive secondary, severely banged up o-line, no deep threat receivers to stretch the field, and .......

Not excuses just a sad reality!

Not the same team as last year in any department.  Losing a brilliant OC seems to be the key factor, Frank can game plan like no other.   Even before the injuries the offense was spotty, now amplified by running back and o-line being decimated.  Vaitai, the backup offensive tackle, is a sieve, one with a big hole in it.  I haven't seen an NFL lineman so inept at pass blocking in many, many years.  Wentz just can't be anything close to effective running for his life every play, and with no team going for the play fakes and the run part of RPOs nobody's open.  A huge fall for a super bowl team.

mmurt

« Reply #107 on: 19 Nov 2018, 11:36 pm »
How about those Chargers!  Wait, different city same team.  Just like the previous 50 years, build up the hopes of their fans only to do stupid crap and blow it.  If Spanos thought that the San Diegans patience was waning he ain't seen nothing yet from the LA fans.  Jerk is going to get what he deserves.  Good Riddance!   

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #108 on: 19 Nov 2018, 11:52 pm »
The shrinking Giants, what can you do?
They'd win a Super Bowl and then wind up in last place or in comes Ray Handley or something equally dreadful.
Who can forget the punt where the wind took the ball and the kicker whiffed? 
Oh, well.

The Rams look really good, too.
This is turning out to be a really interesting season.

twitch54

« Reply #109 on: 20 Nov 2018, 01:21 am »
How about those Chargers!  Wait, different city same team.  Just like the previous 50 years, build up the hopes of their fans only to do stupid crap and blow it.  If Spanos thought that the San Diegans patience was waning he ain't seen nothing yet from the LA fans.  Jerk is going to get what he deserves.  Good Riddance!   

you do realize the Chargers started out 58 years ago in LA .......

randytsuch

« Reply #110 on: 20 Nov 2018, 05:39 am »
A game for the ages.

Hope everyone got to watch it, actually better than the hype.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #111 on: 20 Nov 2018, 11:49 am »
A game for the ages.

Hope everyone got to watch it, actually better than the hype.

What I saw was fabulous, fell asleep on the couch sometime early in the second half.  Woke up to see the highlights on Sportscenter.   Damn.

Mag

« Reply #112 on: 20 Nov 2018, 12:49 pm »
What I saw was fabulous, fell asleep on the couch sometime early in the second half.  Woke up to see the highlights on Sportscenter.   Damn.

I recorded it so I could zip through commercials. It was a shootout, 3rd highest combined point totals in NFL history and they were threatening to break the record in the last few minutes but Kansas came up short with the interception.

Entertaining game for sure.

mmurt

« Reply #113 on: 20 Nov 2018, 05:58 pm »
you do realize the Chargers started out 58 years ago in LA .......

When the Chargers were a start-up in LA the modern NFL was in its infancy.  The Chargers were San Diego not LA until now.  After this weekend, a typical crap loss when they had the chance to be tied for first and a huge Rams win, their fate is sealed.  The Clippers of the NFL!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #114 on: 25 Nov 2018, 11:59 pm »
Take heart, Iggles fans, the mighty Giants did not let you down!
I've been saying it'll be next year for them for the past few years but I dunno. 

On a more positive note, the Pittsburgh/Denver game looks pretty good right now.

twitch54

« Reply #115 on: 26 Nov 2018, 01:06 am »
On a more positive note, the Pittsburgh/Denver game looks pretty good right now.

yes it was a good one, but ........ Tony Romo, what a complete 'tool' !! half way through the third quarter he makes the statement that Pittsburgh is the most 'complete team' in the NFL ?????/ More-so than the Saints or Rams ????? what a freakin joke !!!!!!!

lets see...... we have three ex-Cowgirl 'color' men in the both....... Aikmen - solid 'A' rating, Romo(Mr 'Choke') - D , Whitten - D , where's Steve Tasker when I need him !

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #116 on: 26 Nov 2018, 01:38 am »
Tony Romo is why they put a volume control on the remote.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #117 on: 29 Nov 2018, 02:11 am »
Let your children believe in Santa Claus.

A lot of you adults still believe in the Detroit Lions.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #118 on: 29 Nov 2018, 02:29 am »
yes it was a good one, but ........ Tony Romo, what a complete 'tool' !! half way through the third quarter he makes the statement that Pittsburgh is the most 'complete team' in the NFL ?????/ More-so than the Saints or Rams ????? what a freakin joke !!!!!!!

lets see...... we have three ex-Cowgirl 'color' men in the both....... Aikmen - solid 'A' rating, Romo(Mr 'Choke') - D , Whitten - D , where's Steve Tasker when I need him !
The Cowboys have a presence in the announcer's booth (and not the Eagles) because they are the most widely followed sports franchise in N. America.  Those of you that hate them and watch bump the ratings as well as the fans. 

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #119 on: 29 Nov 2018, 03:03 am »

A lot of you adults still believe in the Detroit Lions.

Out here in So Cal it's the folks that still believe in the Raiders. Good grief. FANATICS, and shit-tons of them. "Raider Nation" is a very real thing; it just blows my mind. :duh: