OB H-Frame / A370PEQ / HX800 amp Box Flat Packs / Finished Cabs

Captainhemo

Re: OB H-Frame / A370PEQ / HX800 amp Box Flat Packs
« Reply #340 on: 3 Jan 2018, 05:29 pm »
I will.  Ya know, I'm just down here in SE Washington and it's only a ~6 hour drive to Kelowna.  I'm thinkin' I should make the trip after things thaw out this spring and check out what y'all got goin' on.

There ya go, that would be cool. You could  hear a few systems while you are here with some cool gear  :)
Keep me posted

jay

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #341 on: 3 Jan 2018, 06:37 pm »
I will.  Ya know, I'm just down here in SE Washington and it's only a ~6 hour drive to Kelowna.  I'm thinkin' I should make the trip after things thaw out this spring and check out what y'all got goin' on.

Well Jake,

I think you need to stop by and pick me up for the road trip. I've always wanted to go to Jay's place. I know it's hard to believe but Iv'e even been invited :lol:.

Captainhemo

« Reply #342 on: 3 Jan 2018, 07:10 pm »
Well Jake,

I think you need to stop by and pick me up for the road trip. I've always wanted to go to Jay's place. I know it's hard to believe but Iv'e even been invited :lol:.

I was thinking the  same thing  Greg  :beer:
We just have to plan it  to be sure Don is around, you  guys need to meet him too and hear his system. Can  arrange  it so Mike from Mivera is   there too.  I'll actually have one of his new   SE  amps  (well all internals of the SE but in a standard case) to test in the system  starting this weekend

jay

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #343 on: 3 Jan 2018, 08:27 pm »
I was thinking the  same thing  Greg  :beer:
We just have to plan it  to be sure Don is around, you  guys need to meet him too and hear his system. Can  arrange  it so Mike from Mivera is   there too.  I'll actually have one of his new   SE  amps  (well all internals of the SE but in a standard case) to test in the system  starting this weekend

jay

That sounds great Jay! I'm really looking forward to not only meeting you but also listening to your system along with Don's. Michael will be bring his loaded version of Mike's amp to a G2G that I'm having in Feb. so Jake and I will get to listen to it then as well.

I'm also really looking forward to hearing you and Don's speakers and hear the differences with them compared to my Super V's.

Captainhemo

« Reply #344 on: 3 Jan 2018, 08:51 pm »
That sounds great Jay! I'm really looking forward to not only meeting you but also listening to your system along with Don's. Michael will be bring his loaded version of Mike's amp to a G2G that I'm having in Feb. so Jake and I will get to listen to it then as well.

I'm also really looking forward to hearing you and Don's speakers and hear the differences with them compared to my Super V's.

So, do you want me to start building you a new set of Otica's or  Extreme's   :lol: :cheeky:

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #345 on: 3 Jan 2018, 11:38 pm »
First 1x12 module is glued, clamped and drying overnight.  Only enough clamps for one module at a time.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #346 on: 4 Jan 2018, 12:26 am »
First 1x12 module is glued, clamped and drying overnight.  Only enough clamps for one module at a time.

Hal, you can get those type of clamps at Harbor Freight for $4.99 ea. They are pretty much the same quality as the Irwin model you see at HW for over twice the price.

https://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-ratcheting-bar-clampspreader-62125.html

edit; it looks like your clamps are the ones from Harbor Freight :lol: Don't you want to buy just one more set so you can go twice as fast :whip:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #347 on: 4 Jan 2018, 12:38 am »
gregfisk,

By the time they get here from HF, as it is a long way to one, I will be done with the clamps.

The money I save on clamps goes to NoRez, so all good.

JakeJ

« Reply #348 on: 4 Jan 2018, 02:38 am »
Well Jake,

OK we will have to figure that out because the more the merrier.

There ya go, that would be cool. You could  hear a few systems while you are here with some cool gear  :)
Keep me posted

jay

My thoughts exactly!  Been hankerin' to hear the Otticas and have listened to Greg's Super Vs long enough to fall in lust for a pair.

And reallly looking forward to hear Mike E's new Don Sachs gear and the opportunity to hear the Mivera amp.  Hey Greg should I bring the deHavilland 845 amps to Jays?  That might be interesting.  Jay, any idea how hard it would be to bring a set of amps across the border and back, since they are not part of a sale deal?

Greg, I just got the boot by the "friend" I moved in with just last May.  It's a long story like they all are.  I have begun my search for new digs and I'm planning on buying since my duplex is self-sustaining.  My new ex-roomate expected me to just boot one of the renter's.  Pfft!  That's not happening, I got good renters that pay on time.  Not screwin' with that formula.  Hell, the $450/mo I make off of it every month can help make the payment on the new place!  Anyway, I'm hoping to close on something by the end of January and move the first week of Feb.  So that's a heads up, Greg, to have the G2G sometime in the second or third week of Feb.  Please.

I have to try and get out of here ASAP.  The situation is hostile at best and even my cat is stressed out.  Wish me luck on finding and securing a new abode soon!

Wow!  That was way OT.  We should take this to PM or use the PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP thread here:http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=141682.0.  Or create a new thread for the Kelowna Audio Club for our new group in BC!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #349 on: 4 Jan 2018, 03:11 am »
Module #2 is glued and clamped.  First was dried enough after 4 hours at 70 degrees to unclamp.

Captainhemo

« Reply #350 on: 4 Jan 2018, 03:47 am »
OK we will have to figure that out because the more the merrier.

My thoughts exactly!  Been hankerin' to hear the Otticas and have listened to Greg's Super Vs long enough to fall in lust for a pair.

And reallly looking forward to hear Mike E's new Don Sachs gear and the opportunity to hear the Mivera amp.  Hey Greg should I bring the deHavilland 845 amps to Jays?  That might be interesting.  Jay, any idea how hard it would be to bring a set of amps across the border and back, since they are not part of a sale deal?

Greg, I just got the boot by the "friend" I moved in with just last May.  It's a long story like they all are.  I have begun my search for new digs and I'm planning on buying since my duplex is self-sustaining.  My new ex-roomate expected me to just boot one of the renter's.  Pfft!  That's not happening, I got good renters that pay on time.  Not screwin' with that formula.  Hell, the $450/mo I make off of it every month can help make the payment on the new place!  Anyway, I'm hoping to close on something by the end of January and move the first week of Feb.  So that's a heads up, Greg, to have the G2G sometime in the second or third week of Feb.  Please.

I have to try and get out of here ASAP.  The situation is hostile at best and even my cat is stressed out.  Wish me luck on finding and securing a new abode soon!

Wow!  That was way OT.  We should take this to PM or use the PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP thread here:http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=141682.0.  Or create a new thread for the Kelowna Audio Club for our new group in BC!

Sorry to hear about the living situation ,  never a  good thing :(
As for bringing the   amps across,  I don't think it would be diffiuclt but I do recommend you have  paper work/recepts  if yo udo.  We do have  a pair of K&K Audio, transformer coupled, 6C33C mon's we can plug in if you  guys want tubes.  Each of  these parallel  SET bad boys  has  5 Lundahl  trans formers !  Depending on when you   guys come up, yo  may not  even want tubes.... right now  in the middle of winter, the 6C33C mon's  heat Don's entire upper floor    LOL  I had them here for a while but it is really unbearable as I'm in a pretty small room  (18x12)

Hmmm, a Kelowna  Audio Club/group thread......

jay

Captainhemo

« Reply #351 on: 4 Jan 2018, 03:49 am »
Module #2 is glued and clamped.  First was dried enough after 4 hours at 70 degrees to unclamp.

Rolling  along  Rich   :thumb:

jay

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #352 on: 4 Jan 2018, 04:18 am »
Jake,

Ouch! for sure. I'll PM you about Jay's and also my G2G. Mine will be in Feb. so we'll need to work around that as well.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #353 on: 4 Jan 2018, 01:18 pm »
Test fit modular H-Frame sub 2x12 #1 together after drying overnight.  Looks good so far!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #354 on: 5 Jan 2018, 10:02 pm »
Module #3 glued and drying.  Maybe #4 later after 4 hours of drying. 

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #355 on: 6 Jan 2018, 03:07 am »
Last module glued and both are drying overnight.

Test fit the drivers tomorrow and setup the wiring.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #356 on: 6 Jan 2018, 03:11 am »
Rich,

How do you plan on handling the seams where the modules meet?

Mike

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #357 on: 6 Jan 2018, 03:33 am »
They have a reveal so they just sit on each other and bolt together.

There is no plan to permanently attach them and make them look like one unit.  Each module will be painted and that is it.  Easy to disassemble and move around. 

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #358 on: 6 Jan 2018, 03:53 am »
Makes sense.

Captainhemo

« Reply #359 on: 6 Jan 2018, 04:39 am »
Rich,

How do you plan on handling the seams where the modules meet?

Mike

Mike, I've shown pics of this  a few itmes earlier,  thought you'd have seen it. 
Not a seam at all, it's a revial... I cut a  small (<1/8 raidus) around the top /bottom of the modules.  When they are boted together, you get a  reveall/feature  on the cabinet that never needs to be hidden...   very similar to what was done with Rich's  6x12  stacks.   That's the beauty, you can add to these at any time if you  want more.
In Gaelen's   2x12  & NX-Otica MTM  thread, his cabinets have the same  reveals,  they  do  look good.    I've actually been cutting  them on the  top  and  bottom  of the top/bottom module as well, it creates the effect that the  cabinet top is floating as  well   as the effec that the bottom module is floating... kind of cool..

jay