T7ECR arrived!!

amandarae

T7ECR arrived!!
« on: 14 Jan 2004, 07:11 am »
I received my T7ECR yesterday.  Hum free (the problem that I had from my previous post when I first got it) and full of muscle :D

Been running it with the FryKleaner for 18 hours before actually listening to it.  Vinyl and CD's are very clear, never fuzzy.  In fact, the one thing that really stands out is that you can pick the location of the instruments and the vocalist (if any) from the huge soundstage with ease, everytime  :thumb:  

My amps(monos) were being driven with great results as if they are boasting their attributes.  So far so good.

With the stock tubes (JJ I think), it sounds a definite "winner".  So I guess, will investigate 12AT7 prices asap but will do the rolling after two weeks.  Already have Siemens at hand, so a lot more to consider.  Thirty(30) days I believe should be enough to evaluate the preamp if it is really a keeper.  But from my positive descriptions of the synergy of the preamp to my system earlier, it is more than likely that this unit already found a home.

Thanks to Frank and Larry  :notworthy:  for making the turnaround as quick as possible.  Also, thanks to MarcB, Jackman, and Tyson for the re-assurance to keep the faith when I had the hum problem upon receiving it the first time right off the bat. :beer:

C-ya all in sonic heaven :wink: