LeBron Going Home

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Re: LeBron Going Home
« Reply #40 on: 14 Jul 2014, 07:32 pm »
That classless display you described was easily exceeded by Cleveland fans on his departure

Oh, you mean like this?

RDavidson

« Reply #41 on: 14 Jul 2014, 08:00 pm »
Yeah, seriously. I can understand being upset, but geez. Get over it. People should be thankful for the time LeBron was there. The days of the franchise player are all but over (in all sports). Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant are the only NBA super star franchise players of this era I can think of.......and there's still time for them to get traded to someone else, though I don't think it will happen. I know the Spurs want Duncan to retire with them, and it looks to be the same for Kobe with the Lakers (judging by how they've handled his contract even through the injuries).

RDavidson

« Reply #42 on: 15 Jul 2014, 01:52 pm »
And another thing I think is ridiculous about all this is the whole idea of fans feeling betrayed.

When Manning was let go by the Colts, it was understood. It was a "business decision." He had a long and great run, but it was time for the organization to sadly move on. Everyone talks about how classy all this was and how Peyton handled it etc. Yes, Peyton handled it with class, BUT he should've never have been let go to begin with! He should've retired as a Colt. That would've been the classy thing to have happened and it is what Peyton wanted/expected. As documented in SI, Peyton felt betrayed by the Colts organization.

You think the guys in suits up in the offices are the only business men in sports?
Lebron merely took his business into his own hands and sought a new employer. Plain and simple. I have zero problems with a guy who has worked hard to have this ability (to be able to create options for himself in the business world).

So I guess what I'm asking is : Why is it right for an organization to make a business decision (and let a player go), but it is wrong for a player to take this business decision into his/her own hands? The door swings both ways, folks. It's the way the world is these days. People make moves and change jobs / change employers all the time, typically in an attempt to better their lives in some way. With family and close friends in the Cleveland area, it is easy to understand why LeBron made the move. We all know his goal on the court is to win championships. But, you also add family in the equation (and kids), you can easily see he attempting to better the lives of his family. So when Lebron said he's "Coming Home" he was being quite literal, not just in NBA terms. I'm sure Lebron has taken a ton of criticism for being "selfish." But you know what, at the end of the day, who is taking care of his wife and kids? The Heat fans? The Heat organization?

rexkramer

« Reply #43 on: 31 Jul 2014, 05:05 pm »
A tear came to my eye when I saw "Morgan Freeman" reading Lebron's letter to the fans :lol::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9Ei7FGQgg