Help

Ragnar71

Help
« on: 7 Jul 2019, 02:06 am »
I’m really intrigued by the Maraschino Inline or Desktop , having Mono Blocks would be ideal. The question I have is if I wanted the DacDac with volume control, what else do I need to get to have inputs and outputs? I would like to run my TV through this, and I’d like to connect my powered sub. So is my only option to buy a Pre from another company ? If someone can give me an idea of how I can do this I’d appreciate it.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jul 2019, 05:48 pm »
We get similar questions a lot.  The DAC DAC has only one input, coax SPDIF.  The product was designed to be as simple as possible to eliminate noise sources and unnecessary complexity.  We do recommend running Cherry amps directly from a DAC DAC when possible because they are designed to work together.

Many systems are driven by computer audio these days. The computer may be in the form of a “streamer” or “end point” or just a regular laptop/notebook/desktop computer (typically connected via Cherry USB).  In this case, there is almost always a digital volume control and only one audio source, so the system is PC > Cherry USB > DAC DAC > Cherry Amp.

So, how to add a sub?  How to add multiple sources?  We are developing the Cherry DPA (digital preamp) for driving one or two DACs.  I’ll add a link later.

The alternative is like you said, using a preamp.  I’ll add more to this thread later.

There are ways to add a digital selector, too.

Don’t mean to leave you hanging, but I’ll add more to this thread soon.

AvsFan

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jul 2019, 06:34 pm »
We get similar questions a lot.  The DAC DAC has only one input, coax SPDIF.  The product was designed to be as simple as possible to eliminate noise sources and unnecessary complexity.  We do recommend running Cherry amps directly from a DAC DAC when possible because they are designed to work together.

Many systems are driven by computer audio these days. The computer may be in the form of a “streamer” or “end point” or just a regular laptop/notebook/desktop computer (typically connected via Cherry USB).  In this case, there is almost always a digital volume control and only one audio source, so the system is PC > Cherry USB > DAC DAC > Cherry Amp.

So, how to add a sub?  How to add multiple sources?  We are developing the Cherry DPA (digital preamp) for driving one or two DACs.  I’ll add a link later.

The alternative is like you said, using a preamp.  I’ll add more to this thread later.

Thanks Tommy. As you know, we have been discussing options for my up and coming  STM and DAC DAC HS1 and a pre-amp is for sure needed. Multiple sources and adding multiple subwoofers. So hearing that a PRE from you might be in the works is a plus. I am sure it will be designed to have amazing synergy with your other products so I am looking forward to it.

There are ways to add a digital selector, too.

Don’t mean to leave you hanging, but I’ll add more to this thread soon.

RonN5

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jul 2019, 11:43 pm »
Ragnar 71

I think another question worth asking is including your tv...what are your other sources and what connections options do they all have...cd player....streamer...tv....etc., as the answer to this may help shape a solution....

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2019, 03:24 am »
How about the Stereo Maraschino (STM)?  Two (analog) inputs and volume control. Same footprint as Cherry DAC DAC.  Here’s a “stack” of the Cherry USB, DAC DAC, STM, and 60V 1kW power supply....