I'm really worried about my dog...

Marbles

I'm really worried about my dog...
« on: 5 Mar 2010, 02:27 am »
His eyes are bloodshot and his eyelids are droopy.

He just wants to lay around.

He seems to want to binge on sweets.

He seems to drink a lot of water too.

Do you think I should be worried?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: I'm really worried about my dog...
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2010, 02:31 am »
Nah...

Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright.

:green:

George

markC

« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2010, 02:36 am »
Binge on sweets? What do you mean by this? Dogs should not consume sugar, especially chocolate.
He looks pretty young, and being a lab-cross?, he certainly shouldn't want to just lay around. Has he gotten into anything lately? Like chemicals or the like. If he were mine and didn't start returning to normal behaviour within the next day or two, I'd take him to the vet.

jackman

« Reply #3 on: 5 Mar 2010, 02:38 am »
That dog tried to sell me some ganja!   :smoke:

pjchappy

« Reply #4 on: 5 Mar 2010, 02:39 am »

Mark, I think you're missing the joke. . .

Marbles, I would only truly worry if he hasn't started tearing apart your Pink Floyd CDs and/or vinyl.

Paul

markC

« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar 2010, 02:41 am »
Ahh... the rasta dog maaan.... Maybe he just samplin' da goods....

jackman

« Reply #6 on: 5 Mar 2010, 02:42 am »
Binge on sweets? What do you mean by this? Dogs should not consume sugar, especially chocolate.
He looks pretty young, and being a lab-cross?, he certainly shouldn't want to just lay around. Has he gotten into anything lately? Like chemicals or the like. If he were mine and didn't start returning to normal behaviour within the next day or two, I'd take him to the vet.

You are from North of Toronto but if you were from BC you would understand. :wink:

markC

« Reply #7 on: 5 Mar 2010, 02:44 am »
No, location has nothing to do with it, I'm just a little slow tonight.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #8 on: 5 Mar 2010, 02:44 am »
Always hungry? Thinks everything is funny? Lost interest in retrieving?  Does he seem to hang out with other dogs that have nothing to do except eat and crap?  No longer chases cats? Your dog may be under the influence of...

markC

« Reply #9 on: 5 Mar 2010, 02:49 am »
Damn you, Marbles. Catching me off guard like that. Now I know what you've been tending to out there in the boonies.

owenmd

« Reply #10 on: 5 Mar 2010, 03:07 am »
Hi Marbles,

Doesn't sound right.  Check out this facebook page on Colloidal silver:  http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=285212734559

Colloidal silver is the most wide range antibiotic known to man.... plus compared to synthetic allopathic antibiotics, it doesn't kill the good flora essential to our immune systems in the intestinal tract..... 60% of our immune system is in the IT.

You could put a drop of CS in his eyes, which will reduce the redness.... but that's just a symptom showing you somethings wrong elsewhere.

I put 4 half droppers of CS on my dogs dinner every night, together with one of my punctured/squeezed Omega 3 fish oil capsules and he has never looked so healthy.... which wasn't always the case.

Dogs intuitively know somethings wrong.... drinking lots of water means he is trying to flush his body... which is good.  If lying around is not normal.... somethings wrong.  Don't give him sweets..... sugar feeds desease.

You can get CS from most health stores.... I make my own its much cheaper.

jackman

« Reply #11 on: 5 Mar 2010, 03:09 am »
Whatever you do, don't put your leg out!   :lol:

Christof

« Reply #12 on: 5 Mar 2010, 03:12 am »
Be extremely concerned!  He has probably already been profiled by the neighbors and the authorities are likely watching your place.

srb

« Reply #13 on: 5 Mar 2010, 03:24 am »
I'm not being an alarmist, but I wouldn't ignore the systems.  I assume he gets a checkup at the vet once a year anyway, this visit might just come a little sooner.

Of course you'll end up with a vet bill of an examination and a few tests, but getting a basic blood and stool test can tell an awful lot, and if it turns out nothing's wrong, what's a few extra bucks between friends?  But if there is something wrong (and hopefully not), catching it early will be a good thing.

Steve

Marbles

« Reply #14 on: 5 Mar 2010, 03:27 am »
Whatever you do, don't put your leg out!   :lol:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :lol: :lol:

He is a little hornier than normal too...

owenmd

« Reply #15 on: 5 Mar 2010, 03:28 am »

Good advice.... he may have swallowed something and got it stuck too.... common with dogs.

I'm not being an alarmist, but I wouldn't ignore the systems.  I assume he gets a checkup at the vet once a year anyway, this visit might just come a little sooner.

Of course you'll end up with a vet bill of an examination and a few tests, but getting a basic blood and stool test can tell an awful lot, and if it turns out nothing's wrong, what's a few extra bucks between friends?  But if there is something wrong (and hopefully not), catching it early will be a good thing.

Steve

Marbles

« Reply #16 on: 5 Mar 2010, 03:37 am »
Thanks for the advice guys, but I think if I take his bong away, he'll return to normal in no time  :duh:    :thumb: :rock:

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #17 on: 5 Mar 2010, 03:44 am »
Hendrix had a dog just like that...........WAIT! :duh: :green:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #18 on: 5 Mar 2010, 03:52 am »
Marley and Me.

jtsnead