Alan Parsons Project Remasters

Housteau

Alan Parsons Project Remasters
« on: 5 Apr 2007, 06:53 pm »
I guess I had missed the big announcements, or else they were kept low profile.  Alan Parsons Has remastered all of the Project's recordings to standard CD for release this year.  They will be released over the next few months with extra tracks and a far superior sound, or so I have read.  I have the first three releases on order from Amazon, I Robot, Vulture Culture and Eye in the Sky.  Here is a link to more info.

http://www.the-alan-parsons-project.com/

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Alan Parsons Project Remasters
« Reply #1 on: 5 Apr 2007, 07:08 pm »
I guess I had missed the big announcements, or else they were kept low profile.  Alan Parsons Has remastered all of the Project's recordings to standard CD for release this year.  They will be released over the next few months with extra tracks and a far superior sound, or so I have read.  I have the first three releases on order from Amazon, I Robot, Vulture Culture and Eye in the Sky.  Here is a link to more info.

I hope that he didn't make changes to I Robot like he did with the first album. IMO the remixed version added some things that actually detracted from the classic original recording.

Housteau

« Reply #2 on: 5 Apr 2007, 08:50 pm »
I hope that he didn't make changes to I Robot like he did with the first album.

They have a forum on that same site and I have not read anything about such changes being made by those that already have these recordings.  But, I will find out in a few days.  I also believe that certain things are best left as they were.

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2007, 09:16 pm »
That's good news. :thumb:

Big fan of: Pyramid, I ROBOT, and Eye in the Sky

I have the DAD of IROBOT

Have most of them on vinyl.

boead

« Reply #4 on: 5 Apr 2007, 09:41 pm »
you can add Alan Parsons to this list!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=39147.0  :o

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2007, 01:52 am »
I already have about 80% of all Alan Parsons Project albums on vinyl. I don't need them on CD unless there are a few added tracks of interest. My favorite to date is "Tales of Mystery and Imagination", Alan Parsons Live and Best Of....

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 6 Apr 2007, 02:23 am »
My favorite to date is "Tales of Mystery and Imagination"...

That one is a masterpiece.

MaxCast

« Reply #7 on: 6 Apr 2007, 10:51 am »

Ditto!
This is good news.  Most of my Parson's stuff is on vinyl bought during college and therefore on cassette which I don't use anymore....really.  :)  don't have a TT either.  :roll:

Housteau

« Reply #8 on: 6 Apr 2007, 11:52 am »
A benchmark recording for me has been the MoFi UHQR LP of I Robot.  A response on that forum mentioned that this new remaster of IR surpasses that one.  IF that is true, then this new series may indeed be something special.

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #9 on: 6 Apr 2007, 03:44 pm »

Agreed. I wish it would be released on DAD or HDAD. I have I, Robot, Eye In The Sky and Turn Of A Friendly Card on DAD/HDAD already and they sound outstanding.

Bemopti123

« Reply #10 on: 6 Apr 2007, 06:01 pm »
I already have about 80% of all Alan Parsons Project albums on vinyl. I don't need them on CD unless there are a few added tracks of interest. My favorite to date is "Tales of Mystery and Imagination", Alan Parsons Live and Best Of....

Yes, yes and yes.  Tales, I believe is one of the better APP concept albums.  Different than the later, more pop oriented versions.  People who have not done so, should hear the album in its entirety...even with the older CD, it sounds bloody awesome.  An LP version, I bet takes that some notches higher.   :thumb:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #11 on: 7 Apr 2007, 01:15 am »
Thanks for this post, guys  :thumb:

I lifted my copies of I, Robot and Pyramid out of my LP collection....I haven't listened to either in a decade or more and they sound fantastic. They've not even been vacuum cleaned yet - that usually improves them further.

I haven't played much 'pop' in a while (mostly classical and jazz for the 'aged'  :wink:), but this is really good 'pop' music 8)

I don't have them on CD to compare...but I read somewhere that the DVD-A versions are truly excellent.

MaxieRich, go get a decent TT with that new house o' yours - you're missing out on too much great tunes.  Just teach the kids not to touch - ever  :o

MaxCast

« Reply #12 on: 7 Apr 2007, 12:01 pm »

MaxieRich, go get a decent TT with that new house o' yours - you're missing out on too much great tunes.  Just teach the kids not to touch - ever  :o

Bad chairdude, bad chairdude.  don't tempt me like that.  I have to remodel the new room first.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 24 Apr 2007, 11:35 pm »
I liked all of Parson's music, but my favorite is actually Vulture Culture.  If they remaster all of 'em I'll also have to buy Stereotomy. :guitar:

hershey 22

« Reply #14 on: 25 Apr 2007, 01:53 am »
...the new redbook versions (Eye in the Sky, I Robot) are very good....the demos I especially like...I have to agree Rob that I definitely have to get Stereotomy....I believe that is to be released around September  aa

Housteau

« Reply #15 on: 25 Apr 2007, 07:11 pm »
I see that Tales of Mystery and Imagination will be released later this month:

http://www.the-alan-parsons-project.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=19

It looks to be a double CD including both the original and later remixed versions.

My Eye in the Sky and Vulture Culture have come in and I think the sonics are pretty good.  I was able to listen to them on the first half of my new speaker system.  These are the new VMPS RM-V60s.  I am still waiting on the new bass towers, the VLAs.