Acoustic Recordings Pop/ Rock/Blues and so on

Antman27

Acoustic Recordings Pop/ Rock/Blues and so on
« on: 30 Nov 2006, 07:20 pm »
So I am always looking for diffrent versions on the songs that I enjoy and came across a great version of the Song Counting Blue Cars From Dishwalla Acoustic and this recording was great It sounded so open and lively wish all acoustic recordings sounded this good
Some of my other favs are Claptons Hey Hey From the Unpluged CD and I also came across Los Lonely Boys Acoustic (think it was a radio studio recording ) of Heaven also great version of this song
Anyone else have any fav acoustic recordings Love the striped down sound !
Cant forget about the SRV MTV Unpluged also !
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2006, 07:46 pm by Antman27 »

R_burke

Re: Acoustic Recordings Pop/ Rock/Blues and so on
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2006, 08:33 pm »
Los Lobos - Acoustic En Vivo
Blue Rider Trio - Harp, steel and guts on mapleshade records
Neil Young - unplugged

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2006, 09:47 pm »
I like the recordings where you can smell the maple, rosewood, spruce, mahogany, ebony of the insruments. Where you feel you are in the circle of the players, and could reach out and touch the instruments.

It is difficult to record this kind of music making, hence electric instruments that require a complete  supporting crew.

But there are some good ones out there. I will try to come up with some of mine.

R_burke

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2006, 11:59 pm »
I like the recordings where you can smell the maple, rosewood, spruce, mahogany, ebony of the insruments. Where you feel you are in the circle of the players, and could reach out and touch the instruments.

It is difficult to record this kind of music making, hence electric instruments that require a complete  supporting crew.

But there are some good ones out there. I will try to come up with some of mine.

Not sure if this is your type of music, but when I read your comment David Grissman's Acoustic Disc record company came immediately to my mind.

http://www.acousticdisc.com/

Antman27

« Reply #4 on: 1 Dec 2006, 03:49 pm »
Cant forget abour SRV Life By The Drop