New Studio Monitors in a new listening room.

Jmitchell3

Re: New Studio Monitors in a new listening room.
« Reply #60 on: 4 Dec 2019, 08:08 pm »
Any chance these studio monitors make it out west for the tour? Say Arizona?  :thumb:

+1 :)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #61 on: 2 Jan 2020, 07:57 am »
It sure would be nice if any of the folks who participated in this tour (or purchased a pair) posted their impressions (or PM me is okay!). Other than Tyson's post, I haven't seen a single comment or impression.  :scratch:

maty

« Reply #62 on: 2 Jan 2020, 09:26 am »
Tyson's Studio Monitor Review

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=167137.0

* Preamble

* Initial Impressions

* Listening Notes

All right, this is now officially the second time I'm being blown away in the same day. This speaker didn't have "some" OB magic, it had a LOT of OB magic. And I'm not sure what Danny did to the box but that thing was freaking INERT. There was almost no box coloration that I could detect. Yes, there was a slight coloration to the sound in the lower mids, a slight beautification that wasn't there in the ruthlessly honest Super Mini we'd heard previously.

Danny said that a lot of it was because the wave guide was so deep it allowed the tweeter to be crossed over much lower than previous speakers. Even lower than the Neo3 in my Super 7 speakers. Thus the tweeter and it's OB nature tended to dominate the sound of the speaker.

Also, the midrange driver - that's a special unit. I'll say more about it in my upcoming review of the NX-Ottica and NX-Treme.