Frans' SoundScape C center and M7 monitors

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
Re: Frans' SoundScape C center and M7 monitors
« Reply #40 on: 30 Apr 2012, 03:38 pm »
Frans,  A question for you about the finish on your SSs.  I've seen a few photos of the various speakers in your system and the photos vary in what they convey.  Can you say something about what color tone they really have?  Would you say they look dark brown as in that last photo, or more like grey/black with warmth showing through as in the first photo in your thread?

Thanks........Peter

Frans

• Has anyone seen my last marble?
« Reply #41 on: 30 Apr 2012, 04:11 pm »
Frans,  A question for you about the finish on your SSs.  I've seen a few photos of the various speakers in your system and the photos vary in what they convey.  Can you say something about what color tone they really have?  Would you say they look dark brown as in that last photo, or more like grey/black with warmth showing through as in the first photo in your thread?

Thanks........Peter

They are all 100% silver-grey black (zero hint of brown). I think the dark brown in Jim's photos are due to the flash used for the photography. Flash appears to bring out a "hidden" undercolor that is not visible in person.

In the picture I took, the wood from the oak floors is reflected in the finish of the SS12s. The finish on these beasties is unbelievably beautiful and reflective.

charmerci

« Reply #42 on: 30 Apr 2012, 06:44 pm »
Yeah, The TV is next to be upgraded so the center can be placed much lower between the SS12s. Work in progress...

It looks like you could easily cut a hole and place the CC there!  :lol:

Warpdrv

• There's NO ESCAPING the SoundScape !!
« Reply #43 on: 30 Apr 2012, 06:57 pm »
The Mitsubishi 65813 Diamond is the king of all "dinosaur" HD Rear Projector TVs regardless of brand and its picture (delivered by 9" guns) is still incredible. This has made it so hard to justify a suitable replacement (plus it just won't die!).

However, there are a few new contenders that have piqued my interest, so we shall see!

yup, those are/were great rear projectors....   

Nothing else but a 1080p plasma will touch it for PQ...   Panasonic is still the king in this dept.... 
LCD/LED still have motion blur amongst other issues...    Good luck with the hunt :)

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #44 on: 30 Apr 2012, 06:58 pm »
They are all 100% silver-grey black (zero hint of brown). I think the dark brown in Jim's photos are due to the flash used for the photography. Flash appears to bring out a "hidden" undercolor that is not visible in person.

In the picture I took, the wood from the oak floors is reflected in the finish of the SS12s. The finish on these beasties is unbelievably beautiful and reflective.

Oh good!  That was the answer I was hoping for!  Thanks.......Peter

Frans

• Has anyone seen my last marble?
« Reply #45 on: 30 Apr 2012, 08:51 pm »
It looks like you could easily cut a hole and place the CC there!  :lol:

Yeah, who needs those 9" guns anyway! ;-)