Your daily driver :)

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Re: Your daily driver :)
« Reply #100 on: 1 Sep 2013, 04:06 am »
my 2000 Contour SVT...short throw shifter, MSDS headers and Y pipe, Borla exhaust, 17" wheels...

MY last car was a green 1999 SVT. I owned it  for 13 years..
Now I have a 2012 Ford Focus with manual tranny.
Lucky me i get to see my old ride often enough, as i sold it to the building caretaker's brother.
Still love that SVT. Too many tickets though.. last one was going 35 over the limit.. Being a sweet old bag it was dropped to under 10 over.  :dance:
Now I try hard to obey the rules and laws of the road.. Mainly watch the MPG meter.. Getting too old to be racing around.

GT Audio Works

« Reply #101 on: 1 Sep 2013, 03:20 pm »
I don't see a circle for past drivers but...
Here are a few pics of some of my daily drivers circa. 1978- 1996. The original pics are on paper in photo albums, so I grabbed these off the internet.. color, and year are the same.

1973 Datsun 240Z.. exterior stock except the wheels..wish mine looked as clean !!
under the hood not stock  8)

1978 Datsun 280Z all stock except for alloy wheels from a later ZX model ( not crazy about these wire wheels)

1984 Yamaha RZ350 Kenny Roberts Edition  lots of goodies added, carbs, pipes, reeds, tires etc.
I got into the most trouble with this one !

The kids came in the mid 90's and I found myself driving a minivan.  Will not bore you with the details. :roll:

I sill have this oldie but goodie..1992 Volvo 240...runs like a clock 
200k on her...my daughter drives her now...rides a hell of a lot better than that minivan!
« Last Edit: 2 Sep 2013, 12:32 am by GT Audio Works »

hakka26

« Reply #102 on: 7 Sep 2013, 06:46 am »
Bone stock 1986 Honda CRX-Si. I'd post a pic but my car must be invisible as I've been backed into twice. While disputing the insurance settlements I just picked up some replacement body parts and after a brain fart new timing belt, water pump and redone head, 280,000+ miles and running like new.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #103 on: 24 Mar 2014, 02:16 pm »
My new daily driver...

2009 e90 M3 in Space Gray with Fox Red Extended Leather Interior

Pretty much all options and some extra goodies as well.

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #104 on: 24 Mar 2014, 02:23 pm »
That's sweet George!
What's the gray thing on the bumper cover in front of the tire?
Looks like a turn signal lens, but it's painted.   :scratch:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #105 on: 24 Mar 2014, 02:34 pm »
Actually, since I'm here....
We don't have anything very cool, but I was doing "the car shuffle" in the driveway one day and parked all the cars in one spot while i was rearranging.
I didn't set this up (otherwise they would have been parked more evenly) but I thought this was a neat shot, so I grabbed the camera.

My sons, my wifes and my vehicles:

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #106 on: 24 Mar 2014, 02:36 pm »
That's sweet George!
What's the gray thing on the bumper cover in front of the tire?
Looks like a turn signal lens, but it's painted.   :scratch:

OEM painted side reflector

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #107 on: 24 Mar 2014, 02:46 pm »
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks George.

sts9fan

« Reply #108 on: 24 Mar 2014, 03:17 pm »
I am picking up one of these today.  2014 Nissan Leaf SL in silver.  Will post a picture in situ later.

coke

« Reply #109 on: 24 Mar 2014, 04:46 pm »
2013 Civic Si.  I went to buy a WRX but they had sold the one I wanted.  I test drove a low mile used 2013 WRX STI and fell in love, but then found out the mods voided the warranty.  I test drove the civic si after that. It wasn't near as fast nor did it have all wheel drive, but the gas mileage was much better, they had better financing options, the interior and road noise were far superoir, the radio was better, and I got it for $21k out the door with all season floor mats thrown in. It's no STI, but it's a fun little car with a suprising amount of room, and the build quality is better than any other honda I've owned or ridden in. 

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #110 on: 24 Mar 2014, 04:58 pm »
Nice car Coke.

It was many years ago, but I still remember how much fun my late 80's Honda CRX was.

George

coke

« Reply #111 on: 24 Mar 2014, 05:13 pm »
Nice car Coke.

It was many years ago, but I still remember how much fun my late 80's Honda CRX was.

George

Thanks

My father owned a late 80's CRX. It was one of the best cars he ever owned.  My family has owned 10 hondas, and I don't think we've really ever had problems with any of them except maybe for a Pilot.

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #112 on: 24 Mar 2014, 06:23 pm »
For about 9 years and 600,000 miles, I drove a couple of CRXs - great field service cars. In '94, after the demise of the CRX, I bought a Civic coupe that I optioned to the max (never saw another one with the same wheels). That Honda only had about 150,000 miles on it when I decided to buy something bigger - a '96 STS (all the driving was catching up with me and I thought serious comfort might be nice). Unlike the Hondas, by the 100,000 mark, the Cadillac had some serious issues develop. I replaced the STS with another GM - Bonneville SSEi (same chassis as the STS, but with different skin and drivetrain). Its only major issues in a little better than 100,000 miles were MagneSteer and the transmission - both were warranty repairs - better than the Caddy, but nothing like a Honda.

My last two daily drivers have been Hondas, S2000s to be precise. This CR is my favorite of all the cars I've owned, though I do have fond memories of my first three - '66 Mustang, '69 Europa, and '71 TransAm. Here's my daily (3 days a week and local) on a day I wish I hadn't left the top hanging in the garage - no chance of rain was predicted for that day. I'm glad I bought that cockpit cover and that it works better than advertised!

RDavidson

« Reply #113 on: 24 Mar 2014, 06:40 pm »
2013 Civic Si.  I went to buy a WRX but they had sold the one I wanted.  I test drove a low mile used 2013 WRX STI and fell in love, but then found out the mods voided the warranty.  I test drove the civic si after that. It wasn't near as fast nor did it have all wheel drive, but the gas mileage was much better, they had better financing options, the interior and road noise were far superoir, the radio was better, and I got it for $21k out the door with all season floor mats thrown in. It's no STI, but it's a fun little car with a suprising amount of room, and the build quality is better than any other honda I've owned or ridden in. 

Nice Si. My daily is a white '09 Civic Si sedan. Got it new and it's the first vehicle I've owned outright. You're absolutely right. It isn't the fastest vehicle around, but its combination of fun, practicality, fuel economy, and reliability is really tough to beat without getting into something much more expensive. Only problem with mine since I've had it is that it started developing some rattles in the interior in the dash and glove box about 1.5 years ago. I think it had something to do with the extremely hot summer of 2012. Before then, things were fine. Haven't quite figured out exactly where they're coming from........but hey, it's a Civic, not a Mercedes anyway. I can't hear the rattles with the tunes on. :thumb: I've had thoughts of getting something newer / more refined / faster, but it makes far more sense to just keep the thing till it dies, and get something else really fun for weekends / nice weather (eventually).

ltr317

« Reply #114 on: 24 Mar 2014, 08:57 pm »

My Fiat 500.  Not really a daily driver, more like a weekly or bi-weekly driver.  Picture is me in front of my sister's house in Canada.  I drove through two blinding snow storms in December in the snow belt to get to her place. The 500 was surprisingly stable in the snow and wind.  I saw several abandoned cars off to the side on Hywy 81 in the snow belt.  The only worry I had was hoping I didn't get plowed into by a semi or suv. 

My next long trip with the 500 is driving to Axpona Chicago next month. 

rpf

« Reply #115 on: 24 Mar 2014, 09:09 pm »

My Fiat 500.  Not really a daily driver, more like a weekly or bi-weekly driver.  Picture is me in front of my sister's house in Canada.  I drove through two blinding snow storms in December in the snow belt to get to her place. The 500 was surprisingly stable in the snow and wind.  I saw several abandoned cars off to the side on Hywy 81 in the snow belt.  The only worry I had was hoping I didn't get plowed into by a semi or suv. 

My next long trip with the 500 is driving to Axpona Chicago next month.

Cool car Paul! And the other good thing is that if it does get stuck in the snow, you can just lift it up and carry it out!   :lol:

My girlfriend bought a silver 2012 BMW 328i a few months ago (with some encouragement from me  8) ) that I'm driving as much as I drive my '04 X3. It's a really fun car!

ltr317

« Reply #116 on: 24 Mar 2014, 09:18 pm »
Cool car Paul! And the other good thing is that if it does get stuck in the snow, you can just lift it up and carry it out!   :lol:

My girlfriend bought a 2012 BMW 328i a few months ago that I'm driving as much as I drive my '04 X3. It's a really fun car!

Hi Rob,

Not to mention I can fold the 500 like origami and put it in my pocket.   :lol:

I can attest to the fun factor with BMW's since I've owned about ten of them in the past. 

Paul

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #117 on: 24 Mar 2014, 09:49 pm »
Just picked up a 2014 Subaru WRX. It's the last of the 2.5 liter, in a month or so a new WRX will be out based on the Forester XT's 2.0 liter with direct injection and a dual scroll turbo. It'll probably be awesome but the '14 wagon is more my style and should hold it's value really well.

GT Audio, I used to have a 280Z, I put in a Ford 302 making about 350 HP and a Borg Warner T5 manual tranny. The car's chassis, suspension and brakes were not so happy...  :icon_twisted:

zybar, holy $hit, the new M3s are amazing! Have fun!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #118 on: 25 Mar 2014, 12:18 am »

My Fiat 500. 

What Paul, no scorpion on it ? I'd think an old racer like yourself would have gone for the Abarth version, just for fun.  :thumb:

Sweet looking ride there George.  :thumb:

goskers

« Reply #119 on: 25 Mar 2014, 02:35 am »
2013 WRX wagon.  Like Dave, I much prefer the wide body to what is coming.

Equal length headers, ceramic coated
Up pipe
Downpipe
Catback
E85