VMPS Inventory available

ZAKski288

Re: VMPS Inventory available
« Reply #180 on: 11 Mar 2017, 06:12 am »
Audionautic, Sounds like you need to check your L-Pads, turn them left and right several times, the contacts could have some corrosion. Its a shot maybe your mid panel or tweeter is still fine. Good Luck, Zak

Audionautic

« Reply #181 on: 11 Mar 2017, 01:33 pm »
Worth a try, ZAKski. Good idea. If it makes any difference, do you know if there's any reason not to use some FaderLube or such on them and really clean them out?
I hope you're right! Thanks.
(Still interested in getting spare tweets and mids though.)

Shear Bliss VMPS

« Reply #182 on: 11 Mar 2017, 03:16 pm »
DeoxIT D5 or Gold is what you want to clean audio contacts like L-pads etc.

Stimpy

« Reply #183 on: 11 Mar 2017, 10:41 pm »
Worth a try, ZAKski. Good idea. If it makes any difference, do you know if there's any reason not to use some FaderLube or such on them and really clean them out?
I hope you're right! Thanks.
(Still interested in getting spare tweets and mids though.)

Hi Audionautic,

I tried to PM you, but you don't have a email address associated with your account, to allow PM's.

I've got roughly 16 of the mids, that I bought as spares for my Monsoons, and for a possible line source project.  I have some of every generation.  But, I just double-checked, and I have 1 pair left of the style of panel you'd need, with the 13 aperture openings.  I tested them, and the impedance was around 5 Ohms for both.  Let me know if you're interested, and we can work out a deal. 

As to spare tweeters, look on eBay.  There are plenty of Infinity Emit-R tweeters available.  They'd work for you too, as the same company made all of the various versions of these tweeters.

Oh yea, I hope cleaning the pots helps with your LRC's!

Good luck,

Stimpy

Audionautic

« Reply #184 on: 12 Mar 2017, 01:59 pm »
All-
Thanks for the quick responses. I tried rotating the L-pad shaft and there's no noticeable change. Unfortunately.

Stimpy-
I changed the settings on my profile, and want those two panels, please. Let me know.
Many thanks.

Stimpy

« Reply #185 on: 12 Mar 2017, 02:46 pm »
If needed, Parts Express has replacement L-pads.  I believe Brian sourced parts there.  So, PE should have a proper replacement.

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/speaker-l-pads/306

Audionautic

« Reply #186 on: 12 Mar 2017, 03:00 pm »
Thanks again, Stimpy. I don't think the L-pads need replacement. They do function normally, but didn't clear the distortion when rotated fully a few times as suggested.  Let's make a deal, sir. What a great resource you folks all are!

Stimpy

« Reply #187 on: 12 Mar 2017, 03:03 pm »
I just sent a PM, concerning the replacement mids.

Thanks!

audiomagnate

« Reply #188 on: 7 Jul 2017, 11:23 pm »
Any SuperTower III SRE side rails?

pocket.change

« Reply #189 on: 10 Sep 2017, 03:05 am »
Anyone have a favorite method of enlarging the basket opening of the "New Larger Sub" to fit most any of the replacement drivers, which all seem to be have a touch larger diameter?

I have been thinking a "Rabbet Router" might be the correct tool for opening the flange enough to accept the touch bigger basket.

Anyone with another idea??  pc

richidoo

« Reply #190 on: 10 Sep 2017, 02:09 pm »
Anyone have a favorite method of enlarging the basket opening of the "New Larger Sub" to fit most any of the replacement drivers, which all seem to be have a touch larger diameter?

I have been thinking a "Rabbet Router" might be the correct tool for opening the flange enough to accept the touch bigger basket.

Anyone with another idea??  pc

Welcome to AudioCircle!

Use a router circle cutter to make a disk of the same diameter as the rabbet. Wrap it with whole-circumference layers of masking tape to make a snug fit. This will center the circle cutter on the rabbet so you can easily and accurately enlarge it. Or fold pieces of paper to make equal thickness spacers to center the disk in the rabbet.

EDIT, well, this will find the center of the rabbet, but can't use it as a router guide for recutting the hole because router bit will cut through it. You could use the disk to glue a piece of wood to the back of the baffle with a guide hole concentric to the disk. Maybe put another piece of wood to thicken it to support the jig at the center.

Drawing
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2017, 03:10 pm by richidoo »

John Casler

Just found I have 2 NOS Spiral Ribbon Tweeters from the widow.

$39 each plus shipping

Stimpy

« Reply #192 on: 4 Nov 2017, 06:47 pm »
I'm not sure if this should go here or not, but it is about VMPS parts?  It looks like Creative Sound Solutions are back in business.  So, their 10" and 12" passive radiators are available for pre-order.  Hopefully, the 15" passive will follow?  Maybe a few requests form potential buyers would help facilitate that?

https://www.css-audio.com/passive-radiators

SpeakerDoc

« Reply #193 on: 27 Feb 2018, 01:06 am »
I'm looking for an Aurum Cantus G2si faceplate so that I can put the ribbon tweeters back
to normal rather than de-horned.
Looking for faceplate, but will take a blown one, or one with a good faceplate at a good price.

Thanks, Pete

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #194 on: 27 Feb 2018, 01:40 am »
I think richidoo is on to it. Cut a disc that'll snuggly fit the hole; then cut another thru hole to fit the larger size that you need.

aphile

« Reply #195 on: 2 Aug 2018, 04:00 am »
Any Spiral Tweeters left?  Re: FF3 SRE  (3 per side)
Thanks,

Rick

Lee De Forest

« Reply #196 on: 15 Oct 2018, 09:22 pm »
Greetings,

I direct this to Mr. Cassler.  Might there be any Neo Panel drivers left for sale.  One of the six in my RM30s is defective.  I tried repairing it, but soldering wire to the fragile aluminum traces hasn't proved to be a lasting solution.  Thanks, Lee

Bob Stark

« Reply #197 on: 15 Oct 2018, 10:22 pm »
Hey Lee,

I have a couple of neopanels that were pulled from a pair of RM40s if you're interested.  They are in good shape and work fine.  I would call them a 7 or 8 on the Audiogon scale.   There is a bit of corrosion on a couple of the terminals.  I got them from John Casler a few years ago when VMPS went under.

Bob

John Casler

« Reply #198 on: 18 Oct 2018, 10:33 pm »
Greetings,

I direct this to Mr. Cassler.  Might there be any Neo Panel drivers left for sale.  One of the six in my RM30s is defective.  I tried repairing it, but soldering wire to the fragile aluminum traces hasn't proved to be a lasting solution.  Thanks, Lee

Hi Lee,

I currently have no panels.  I used to offer them for Brian's widow, but demand dropped off, and we haven't "modded" any more.

I know some have even purchased old (working) speakers to scavenge the panels for spares.

When I sold them for the widow, they were $189 each, so if a working speaker has a couple working panels the math might work.

Lee De Forest

« Reply #199 on: 19 Oct 2018, 04:34 pm »
Greetings, Mr. Cassler:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my query.  No worries if your inventory is depleted.  As you see from a posting at this thread, Bob Stark has a pair of Neo panels, and I am in the process of purchasing them.

As a warning to others, you really don't want to twist off the delicate connectors on the Neo panels, as they are next to impossible to repair. I paid the price in a broken one from multiple removal and re-installation to support my compulsion to tweak.

Best wishes,
Lee