New M4'S in the house

sjsfiveo

New M4'S in the house
« on: 29 Oct 2021, 01:07 am »
Please ignore the power cord and speaker cables trying some different options with the new speakers. Got about 48 hours on them and now starting to show some real promise.

minatophase3

Re: New M4'S in the house
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2021, 03:52 am »
Congratulations!  I have a pair on order, should be shipping any time now. 

franSSS

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2021, 05:30 am »
OOOO sounds exciting!

Better give us a running update!

Greetings

F

Tangram

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2021, 01:40 pm »
Congratulations! Great setup and room.

lloyd bruney

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2021, 02:18 pm »
What brand diffuser panels are you using? Your room looks great !

sjsfiveo

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2021, 03:15 pm »
Vicoustic is who made the panels.

bkatbamna

« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2021, 07:29 pm »
What speakers did you swap out?

sjsfiveo

« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2021, 07:34 pm »
Magico A1'S and a pair of REL subs

rockadanny

« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2021, 10:11 pm »
Wow! Sweet gear and a terrific looking room!  :drool:

Daryl Zero

« Reply #9 on: 30 Oct 2021, 12:52 am »
One of my considerations in going to the X5s was that I would need two subs in the room if I just stayed with my original speakers. If you have to keep tweaking the set up and buying things, ultimately the Spatial Audios are a bargain not only because they are so good but because, despite some of the sturm und drang you hear about positioning/brightness/furniture, they sound really good even if they aren't perfectly placed.

morganc

« Reply #10 on: 30 Oct 2021, 05:35 am »
One of my considerations in going to the X5s was that I would need two subs in the room if I just stayed with my original speakers. If you have to keep tweaking the set up and buying things, ultimately the Spatial Audios are a bargain not only because they are so good but because, despite some of the sturm und drang you hear about positioning/brightness/furniture, they sound really good even if they aren't perfectly placed.

Agreed!  As I’ve gotten older I’ve learned that really good is a great place to be and I sweat the small stuff a lot less.  And the Spatials make it easy to just enjoy the music. 

doggie

« Reply #11 on: 31 Oct 2021, 01:29 pm »
...despite some of the sturm und drang you hear about positioning/brightness/furniture, they sound really good even if they aren't perfectly placed.

There are enough comments here regarding positioning and burn-in that it is hard to just dismiss them as mere drama.

Sounds like you have an undemanding system or listening environment. Enjoy your luck!

Redrocket

« Reply #12 on: 31 Oct 2021, 02:15 pm »
Congrats and very nice room, love the white finish.

Daryl Zero

« Reply #13 on: 31 Oct 2021, 11:24 pm »
There are enough comments here regarding positioning and burn-in that it is hard to just dismiss them as mere drama.

Sounds like you have an undemanding system or listening environment. Enjoy your luck!

I'm not dismissing this as drama although I do think there is a bit of fussiness and never being satifiedness (patent pending on new word) but that none of this should deter anyone from buying these speakers unless you live in a place that would be very difficult to set anything up such as the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

newzooreview

« Reply #14 on: 1 Nov 2021, 12:56 am »
… although I do think there is a bit of fussiness and never being satifiedness (patent pending on new word)

I have had more than a dozen speakers and the break-in period always takes a bit of time, with things opening up and bass developing to one degree or another.

The M3 Sapphires are in an entirely different league when it comes to break in. Just a couple of days ago, after about 800 hours of listening, they transformed significantly. Out of the blue they opened up further and started revealing significant tone and texture deep into the mix with better harmonics and bass. This was with orchestral music where instruments that I had never heard before were suddenly singing clearly and realistically.

Combined with the long time needed to fully realize the potential of the Sapphires is the fact that for most people they do not sound great in the early days and the mid/tweeter is extremely revealing.

The break-in drama is due, most likely, to how out of the ordinary they are. Ultimately they are extraordinary in a very good way, but it does take a disconcerting and lengthy path to get to that point.

doggie

« Reply #15 on: 1 Nov 2021, 11:34 am »
... unless you live in a place that would be very difficult to set anything up such as the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

That would definitely give them some high end tilt   :wink: