auditions...Anywhere?!

guf

auditions...Anywhere?!
« on: 22 Jan 2014, 01:54 am »
I live in the San Francisco bay area but figure i'm going to have to travel some where to get a good listen in. I have heard the Pan's and can't get the sound out of my head. I would love to hear the Pans or Athenas.  thanks!

jonbee

Re: auditions...Anywhere?!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2014, 03:57 am »
Seattle is just up the road! :?

guf

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2014, 04:07 am »
Seattle is just up the road! :?

yeah i'm think the 2-300$ flight maybe the best idea

roadkingraw

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2014, 03:04 pm »
I live up in Olympia, WA.  Have a pair of Athenas with a full ModWright system (36.5 DM, 150SE, and Sony 5400) connected with Wywires and MG Audio.  If you get up this way you are more than welcome to listen.  While you are up this way you might as well just head north and go see Lou as well.
Randy

jonbee

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jan 2014, 03:11 pm »
I live up in Olympia, WA.  Have a pair of Athenas with a full ModWright system (36.5 DM, 150SE, and Sony 5400) connected with Wywires and MG Audio.  If you get up this way you are more than welcome to listen.  While you are up this way you might as well just head north and go see Lou as well.
Randy
I have DA-RMA V2s. They sound very similar to, but not identical to the Athena V2. Lou seems to like the Athena a little better. I live in downtown Seattle. You're welcome to drop by if you'd like.

guf

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2014, 09:19 pm »
I have DA-RMA V2s. They sound very similar to, but not identical to the Athena V2. Lou seems to like the Athena a little better. I live in downtown Seattle. You're welcome to drop by if you'd like.

Thanks you guys. Only 138 bucks round trip! Seems like a great option. I may take you guys up on the offer to audition. Maybe in the first couple weeks of February Thanks!

roadkingraw

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2014, 02:31 am »
Should have noted that mine are also a V2.
Randy

jazdoc

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2014, 06:01 pm »
I live in Bellevue (a Seattle suburb) and have a pair of Daedalus Ulysses.  You are welcome to stop by for an audition.  You can take I-5 up to see Lou...it's a little less than a 2 hour drive.

easystreet

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2014, 11:47 pm »
I will chime in here as well. I live in the Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle (not too far from downtown) and own the Athena v2. Lou has asked me to audition speakers in the past and I am happy to do so again. I currently have a variety of amplification on hand (tubes and transistors) and have both analogue and digital front ends.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 2 Feb 2014, 07:34 pm »
well Guf it sounds like there are many options in the Seattle area, if you want to get a flight to Bellingham I would be glad to pick you up at the airport and you could audition some speakers at the shop!

thanks,
lou