RWM Olive

mikeeastman

RWM Olive
« on: 3 May 2010, 05:25 pm »
With all this talk about DSs like Brystons or Linns, my question is how dose my RWM Olive compare? I will be running it though my Isabellina.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: RWM Olive
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2010, 01:42 pm »
With all this talk about DSs like Brystons or Linns, my question is how dose my RWM Olive compare? I will be running it though my Isabellina.

Hi Mike,

Your battery powered Olive transport feeding the Isabellina dac is a very sweet combo, and in terms of providing a musical presentation that is completely free of grain, harshness, fatigue - and is all about naturalness and providing a seductive presentation, it is very hard to beat in that price range.  8)

Please keep us posted!

Vinnie

HT cOz

« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2010, 01:48 pm »
Vinnie,

Do you know of anyone who has upgraded the hard drive in their Olive to solid state?  I own an Olive and am curious.

Thanks,
Robert

roscoeiii

« Reply #3 on: 5 May 2010, 01:54 pm »
Robert,

You might be better off asking Olive about that possibility.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #4 on: 5 May 2010, 01:58 pm »
Vinnie,

Do you know of anyone who has upgraded the hard drive in their Olive to solid state?  I own an Olive and am curious.

Thanks,
Robert

Hi Robert,

I'm not aware of anyone who has done this.  Back when I was modding the Olive music servers, it was the Symphony and Musica.  I believe they used a PATA interface to the hard drive (not SATA).  Olive has since come out with newer players (I'm not familiar with them).

So depending on which model you own, I'm sure the hard drive can be converted to solid state, but you need to have the correct interface, and you'll need to load the operating system onto it (and it will probably void the warranty with Olive - so I would check with them). 

I'd search online for this - there might be some Olive forums that discuss doing this...

Best regards,

Vinnie