Any UK Isabella / 70.2 owners out there?

PurpleAArdvark

Any UK Isabella / 70.2 owners out there?
« on: 8 Mar 2010, 02:09 pm »
Hiya,

I've been reading a lot about RWA and am seriously considering getting some RWA gear.
However very hard to get a listen to in in the UK.
Does anyone own any this side of the pond that i could have a listen to?

I've currently got a Cyrus set up CD8X/PSX-R, PreVs2/PSX-R, MonoX's, Focal 816WSE speakers.

Any thoughts gratefully received :o

krmathis

Re: Any UK Isabella / 70.2 owners out there?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2010, 02:24 pm »
Just an idea..
How about contacting the UK distributor (Angelsound Audio)? They might have access to a 70.2 or can set you in contact with someone that own one.

Distributors - Red Wine Audio

PurpleAArdvark

« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2010, 02:30 pm »
Next on the to do list, speak to Keith at Angelsound  :scratch:

SteveParsons

« Reply #3 on: 8 Mar 2010, 09:25 pm »
I've got the partially upgraded 70.2's.  I live near Cambridge and I'm more than happy for you to come round and have a listen if you want to.

Cheers,

Steve

PurpleAArdvark

« Reply #4 on: 8 Mar 2010, 11:11 pm »
Steve cheers i might take you up on the offer, i'm near Kingston, Surrey.

I'm concerned that the 70.2's don't have the same ability as my MonoX's to really make my Focals sing?

SteveParsons

« Reply #5 on: 9 Mar 2010, 12:21 pm »
Thats where a dealer or Vinnie will really be able to help.

I used to have Mini utopias (before the 70.2's came on the scene) and I know they needed a lot of current. 

But the 70.2's pump out big watts (in a valve kindof way) so you may well be alright.  Whats the impedence and sensitivity of them ?  I think the 70.2's pump out 40w against 8ohm speakers but nearer 70 with 4ohm.

PurpleAArdvark

« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2010, 01:45 pm »
Steve my Focal's are 91.5dB in 8 ohms, which on paper should be ok?
I've been in contact with Vinnie and he thought that it would make a good combo, but the proof is in the pudding!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #7 on: 9 Mar 2010, 02:00 pm »
Steve my Focal's are 91.5dB in 8 ohms, which on paper should be ok?
I've been in contact with Vinnie and he thought that it would make a good combo, but the proof is in the pudding!

Hi PurpleAArdvark,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

Your paper, your speakers seem to be sensitive enough.  Will you need more power than the 70.2s?  That really depends on how loud you play your music, the size of your room (and how much it absorbs sound).

Your Mono X certainly has more power - but the question is do you need that much power or ever push it into those limits?

Unless you really like to play it loud (in which case, you'll probably want to stick with a power rating in the range of your Mono X), the 70.2s should deliver the goods. 

I agree - the proof is in the pudding and you need to hear them in your system to know if they will work well for you.  I'm not sure if Angelsound offers a return-policy.  If you were here in the states buying factory-direct, you'd have a 30-day  :wink:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for offer to PurpleAArdvark - that is really kind of you!  :beer:

Best regards,

Vinnie

PurpleAArdvark

« Reply #8 on: 9 Mar 2010, 02:27 pm »
My rooms 5.4 x 3.6m with the speakers firing across the room (short side) they're about 400mm off the walls. I don't play my music too loud, it rarely goes about 1/4 of the way on the dial for normal listening, occasionally i might turn it up 1/2 way and jump around for a track or two (before the voices are drowned out my medication  :icon_lol:).

But the ability of the MonoX's is their grip on the speakers, whilst i may not play load for me its about control, grip and musicality and timing.  From reading the reviews i have no doubt that the 70.2's is an exceptional pair of mono amps but .......

browellm

« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2010, 11:34 am »
Hi, mine are now up and running, you're welcome to come and listen.  I am based near Nottingham.