Another V Positive Review (UK) for Sig 70

SteveParsons

Another V Positive Review (UK) for Sig 70
« on: 2 Sep 2007, 11:33 am »
Hi all,

Just received this months copy of HiFi World (one of the best/popular Hifi mags in UK) and lo and behold - theres a review for the Sig 70's.

They gave the amps 5 globes out of 5 (maximum).  Comments included:

superb midrange fluidity ("astonishingly warm, sweet and open midrange")
good bass weight & control ("fulsome & weighty")
good soundstaging & detail

The reviewer thought that they were the best digital amp he had listened to so far (he was also comparing to a tube amp).  Only negative comments were that he thought the treble was a little soft (but only a little) and that when the amps were powered up his DAB radio no longer worked (some kind of RFI issue ?).

Intriguing comment was that he had to wait 24 hours for the amps to initially charge.  Not sure if that meant he had a fully burnt in set...(Vinnie, you might want to check with Angelsound).

The quest for world domination goes on  :icon_lol:

Vinnie, you'd better be expecting some more orders from your UK distributor !

Cheers,

Steve

Zero

Re: Another V Positive Review (UK) for Sig 70
« Reply #1 on: 2 Sep 2007, 02:03 pm »
I heard about this review... thanks for bringing it to peoples attention! Yep, it's only a matter of time until the rest of the globe goes "off the grid".

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 2 Sep 2007, 06:20 pm »
Hi all,

Just received this months copy of HiFi World (one of the best/popular Hifi mags in UK) and lo and behold - theres a review for the Sig 70's.

They gave the amps 5 globes out of 5 (maximum).  Comments included:

superb midrange fluidity ("astonishingly warm, sweet and open midrange")
good bass weight & control ("fulsome & weighty")
good soundstaging & detail

The reviewer thought that they were the best digital amp he had listened to so far (he was also comparing to a tube amp).  Only negative comments were that he thought the treble was a little soft (but only a little) and that when the amps were powered up his DAB radio no longer worked (some kind of RFI issue ?).

Intriguing comment was that he had to wait 24 hours for the amps to initially charge.  Not sure if that meant he had a fully burnt in set...(Vinnie, you might want to check with Angelsound).

The quest for world domination goes on  :icon_lol:

Vinnie, you'd better be expecting some more orders from your UK distributor !

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your post about the HiFi World magazine review of the Signature 70s that just came out!  8)

My UK dealer sent me a copy and I was very, very pleased with it  :dance:

I just emailed the magazine to ask permission to scan the review to .pdf and add it to my website because it is a great review and even has measurements.

I hope I can at least post a quote or two:

Quote from: Adam Smith of Hi-Fi World magazine
The Signature 70s have an astonishingly warm, sweet and open midrange that is every bit as good as, if not slightly better than, many valve amplifiers I have heard.  They add emotion to performances and have a pleasing ease in the way in which they put vocalists centre-stage with great depth and stability.

Even the measurements were awesome:

Quote from: page 41 of the Hi-Fi World Signature 70 review
Distortion was surprisingly benign even at high frequencies, comprising mainly second harmonic over all output levels and frequencies, even at high output frequencies - unusual for a switching amplifier.  The amplifier was very stable in its distortion pattern - always a good sign

There were plenty of other really nice comments in that review, but I really want to get permission from the magazine before posting the review.

Thanks again,

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2007, 06:27 pm »
Quote from: SteveParsons

Hi Steve,

I forgot to mention that I sent the review the "International Chargers" that can run on UK voltage... for some odd reason one of them didn't want to show fully charged status (even though the amps where shipped fully charged) until after 24 hours.  After that first time, it was no longer a problem.  :scratch:

Yes, I didn't have much time to give them a long burn-in period, but the review did put some hours on them before conducting the review... always appreciated! :wink:

All,

In all my excitement, I forgot to post A BIG THANK YOU to Adam Smith and Hi-Fi World Magazine for conducting and publishing such a nice review!  :notworthy:

Hopefully more Brits will get to try out some good off-the-grid "kit" from RWA!  :green:

Best regards,

Vinnie