Pictures of TOTAL LOW WATT SYSTEMS (pictures and brief sentence-no more)

rockymystic

Latest and best edition of the Zenith 49CZ803 open baffles using front and rear firing tweeters. The Zenith and tweeters are powered by 2a3 Bottleheads while a TPA3116 class D drives the woofers using an Ashly active. Plate amp powered bucket subs augment the low bass.

Looks like these are different drivers than 49cz852. How do they sound?

Docere

Blurry pic of my system designed for smallish room - arranged on the long wall. W4S DAC is a back-up for my AMR DP-777SE, which is out for volume repair and general service.

Cheers!

Poultrygeist

Looks like these are different drivers than 49cz852. How do they sound?

The 852's are identical to the 803's which are older ( 1957 ). I painted the ugly beige gaskets black which make them look different.

The Zeniths are some of the best wide band drivers I've heard and I've owned some good ones. 

Poultrygeist

Here are my Frugal Horns powered by the new Volt+D from India. Love this combination paired with two bucket subs.

WntrMute2

My system includes Heathkit AS-21 Legato speakers which are essentially Altec 9800 studio monitors with dual woofers and a horn in a furniture cabinet.  Each speaker has two Altec 414 –A woofers, an Altec 811 horn, Altec 806 driver and Altec N-800-F crossovers rebuilt  with PIO caps and L-Pads.  They are being driven with DIY monoblock Radiotron 300b amps.

Poultrygeist

While the bucket subs are true subs and go lower I've switched to OB woofers which are more accurate. With OB woofers and open back tweeters you can call this a hybrid set up.

Poultrygeist

charlieboy

A few upgrades as of late:
Plinius 8200 with Galbo Designs “Ultimate Mod” and 2019 AuriCap XO upgrade (currently serving as preamp), various amplifiers including James Burgess custom triode monoblocks (2×6550, 1x12SN7, 1×5751), Bottlehead EL84 pentode (Two stage direct coupled circuit with no global negative feedback using SEDCTR circuit technology by Paul Joppa), and a James Burgess EL34 triode, PeachTree Audio 65SE (serving as DAC), Modified AT1240 turntable with AT33EV cartridge Cardas wiring straight to the Plinius phono stage, Otari MTR10-2 Reel to Reel, a PC music server with over 20 terabytes of Hi-Rez files (DSD, DXD, FLAC, WAV, SACD, HDCD, DVD-A and others), and a pair of Zu Audio Omen MKII loudspeakers. Room is 24x20x8

« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2019, 11:53 pm by charlieboy »

charlieboy

Just picked a J.A. Burgess Preamp/phono stage today to go with the triode monoblocks that he built for me. Breaking it in and will settle in for some listening later!

Beatlebum

guf

ahhh i saw this on the other forum and commented. well done!

charlieboy

A James Burgess built EL34 triode amp in the mix today and it's warming up as we speak.

charlieboy

Flea power EL84 homebrew/bottlehead build in the mix finally and all I can say is WOW.... these Zu Audio speakers are really loving this amp. 6 watts of SEP magic.

« Last Edit: 5 Jun 2019, 04:35 pm by charlieboy »

belle harbor

Getting even 3 watts from a triode strapped EL84 is a bit of a reach.  Can you post your operating parameters?  Thanks—-

timind

• permanent vacation
Getting even 3 watts from a triode strapped EL84 is a bit of a reach.  Can you post your operating parameters?  Thanks—-

The amp in the pic is a Bottlehead Seductor which Bottlehead specs at 4 watts per side. https://bottlehead.com/product/seductor-single-ended-el84-amplifier-kit/

charlieboy

Correction..It was late when I posted this as a S.E.T. amp when it is a Pentode Stereo single ended power amp using SEDCTR circuit technology by Paul Joppa
All pentode tube complement – 2x6AU6 and 2xEL84
Two stage direct coupled circuit with no global negative feedback
4 watts per channel, strappable to create an 8 watt parallel single ended monoblock amp... Carry on. 

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Upstairs system has now morphed to include Klipsch Forte IIIs and a few different SET amps.  I have a TAL Korneff Type 45 (2 watts), an Eleket 2a3/300b amp (4 watts or 8 watts depending on tubes used), and an Almarro A318B which runs 6c33c tubes in SET mode (18 watts).  In the pic is the Almarro which is my go-to amp at the moment. 

Note, this is my 2nd system which is set up for more "rock out" moments with my 12 year old daughter who loves music about as much as I do (maybe more!).  The main system is downstairs in the garden level basement in a dedicated room with lots more room treatments. 

Tinear1

Oris-150 horns w/ new Voxativ AC-2.6 drivers + custom base enclosures with bd-15 drivers.  Horns running full range off the Coiencident Frankenstein-II 300B monoblocks and the base enclosures are powered by a Crown K2 and using miniDSP for the low pass filter.  Front end is all PS Audio at present but also use Sonic Frontiers from time to time.  PSA-BHK-Signature Pre, PSA-Direct Stream DAC w/ Bridge-II, PSA-Memory Player.

Freo-1

Very nice setup!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
The horns are wood or other material?