AXPONA 2019 Room 366

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
AXPONA 2019 Room 366
« on: 18 Apr 2019, 06:28 pm »
I teamed up in 6 demo spaces at AXPONA last weekend, and one of them was with both Frank Van Alstine and Mike Levy of Alta Audio in room 366. Below are three photos in that room I want to share with everybody, so here they are:

In this photo of Frank and myself, I mentioned to Frank that the spot lights cast such a shadow, that we look like monsters. Frank said, "that's OK". If it is OK with Frank, it is OK with me.

Here is a close-up photo of Mike Levy's excellent Alta Audio Celesta FRM-2 Full Range Monitor speakers ($15,000/pr), which are very easy to listen to for very long periods of time. Frank was especially impressed with how this entire system reproducts string instruments.

Both Mike Levy and I were are especially excited about Frank's new DVA SET 600 Monoblock amps. They are a amplifiers that I could easily live with as my reference amps for years to come, and are offered at a price point that is stupid low for their performance abilities. Both Frank and I share a customer in California that was so blown away with Frank's lower power stereo version (SET 400), that he immediately returned it and ordered the 600 watt monoblock version, to get the very best.

Thanks!

: )

Paul Speltz

Big Red Machine

Re: AXPONA 2019 Room 366
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2019, 07:17 pm »
One of my top 5 sounding rooms in the show (I did not get to all rooms, sorry).

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2019, 03:36 pm »
Thank you Big Red Machine. It takes a lot of effort to pull together a great sounding room, so I'll take that complement with a big smile.

Frank liked it so much, I heard a bit of buzz about him possibly bringing a pair of those Alta Audio Celesta FRM-2 speakers into his system. And if he does, I'll be sure to offer up my cabling, so that he can duplicate the sound we were getting in that room. 

Paul

NIGHTFALL1970

« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2019, 03:46 pm »
Did you guys use a sub?

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2019, 04:47 pm »
NIGHTFALL1970,

That was actually one of the most common questions in the room, because of the bass we were producing.

And the answer is "no".

Even though a lot of show-goers were looking around the room for the subwoofer, it was only the Alta Celesta FRM-2 Full Range Monitor speakers playing.

Thanks!

Paul

Kwebb

« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2019, 05:22 pm »
Yes, and still blown away with these AVA DVA SET 600 mono-blocks!

Kyle