New Xbox live bundle

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
New Xbox live bundle
« on: 24 Nov 2003, 05:29 am »
My brother just told me there's a new deal from Amazon & Toys R Us to bundle 'live w/MechAssault for $40.  Anyone seen this?  That's a screaming deal.

Look at http://amazon.com and search in for "Xbox Live Version 3".

Also @ Amazon, HALO for sale for $30! :o

bubba966

New Xbox live bundle
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2003, 05:38 am »
Well, I saw that at BB, but it sure as hell wasn't $40. It was $70 there. I don't even think the 12 month renewal card was $40, I think that was $50. EB has it listed at $70 also.

Halo for $30 huh? Sounds kinda expensive to me...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
New Xbox live bundle
« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2003, 11:41 am »
Yeah, amazon really does have it for $40, and that's cheaper than renewing your existing Xbox live subscription.  And that includes the full version of Mech Assault.

I'm thinking I'll buy it, partly to get my own gamer tag, but also for a year of service. I can then sell the MA disc, or my old one, and end up with quite a bargain.

mcrespo71

New Xbox live bundle
« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2003, 12:56 pm »
I just got Xbox Live over a month ago.  If I buy this MA Xbox live bundle, can I just keep it till next year and then sign up again?  I assume I can because I had to put in all those authorization codes when I signed up and I don't think they expire over time, but I'm not sure.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
New Xbox live bundle
« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2003, 08:08 pm »
I can't say for sure, but I've been told "yes", you can buy it and save it; the clock won't start til you activate it.  I think you can keep it for up to one year before you have to use it.

I already have MA, but I could sell one copy to help defray the already low cost of the bundle.