Omega vs. some other guys - Same drivers, different cabs?

nathanm

« Reply #20 on: 8 May 2003, 05:14 am »
Quote from: Louis O
I admit I'm a big Zappa fan and I have Hot Rats spinning away on my MMF5 as I write. Also I think I was the only one at MAF playing Pantera. Three Maggie owners from Kansas stopped by and wanted to hear it ( their CD) was pretty cool in a head banging way.  :D

:o  Wow, how d'ya like that?  Years ago I was a huge Pantera nut.  First two or three albums are awesome.  I must've seen them live about 7 times within a year's time.  But their drum sound got on my nerves after awhile.  Well hell, their whole trip is the ear-bleeding treble thing.  It would take a seriously warm, mushy sounding setup to take the edge of those records! Ha! Ha!  Well if Pantera didn't drive everyone out of the room on the Omegas then you must be doing something right! :lol:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #21 on: 8 May 2003, 01:11 pm »
i love zappa - i have a small sampling of his works - mebbe 25 albums or so...   :wink:   he still gets a lot of play on the rig...  

now, pantera - well, i'm nuts about pantera, too - talk about MUSIC!!!   :D

doug s.

Bwanagreg

« Reply #22 on: 8 May 2003, 02:43 pm »
Talk about thread hijacking  :uzi:

I had to go home last night and listen to Uncle Meat. It's a fairly bright CD remaster overall, but the tape montage stuff Zappa does sounds great on the TS-1's.

Suzy Creemcheese lives  :thankyou:

nathanm

« Reply #23 on: 8 May 2003, 03:29 pm »
Wow, do you need a mullet to drive that car or is it optional? With the Camaro or Firebird it's required, but I'm not sure about the Pantera  :lol:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #24 on: 8 May 2003, 05:43 pm »
uh...  no mullett required.  some folk like gold chains & $300 italian thin-sole loafers, tho...   :lol:   other folk like nomex suits & scca-approved helmets!   :wink:  

me, i'm yust a regular guy w/ferrari taste & toyota corolla budget.  i approach my automotive acquisitions the same way i approach my audio ones - most bang for the buck!   :)

doug s.