Audiomat Solfège with Ref.3a MMC ?

sachamuni

Audiomat Solfège with Ref.3a MMC ?
« on: 11 Jul 2008, 08:34 am »
Hy, everybody. First of all I'd like to apologize for my poor english...

I've just bought a pair of Reference 3a MMC (old version of decapo's) and I'm now looking for a good amplifier that would well match.
I've found a bargain for an used Audiomat Solfège(non Ref,.)
Does anybody has had the opportunity to listen to this amplifier coupled with some Ref 3a speaker?
I've read excellent reviews on it, and Bob Neill said that it's ideally suited to expressive speakers; moreover it's said  that has kind of a "lean" character for a valve amp and I think this would give some more precision to my speakers .
At the moment I'm driving my MMC with a Galactron 2120; it's a 60W jfet integrated amp(no feedback, high impedance output) and my cdp is Sony XA 5es and I find the sound a bit too "fat", especially with orchestra.

I also have a question concerning the speakers: does the absence of xover make any difference for the amplifier to properly control the bass? (this might be a silly question... but I'm a newbie in hifi )

Thanks

Sacha

yitaozhong

Re: Audiomat Solfège with Ref.3a MMC ?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2008, 05:20 am »
hi, sigle end, classA tube amp match them best, if you dont have a huge room. I tried many tube amp on my 3a, I settle on 300b, 8w audio note kit1. hope that help.

sachamuni

Re: Audiomat Solfège with Ref.3a MMC ?
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2008, 05:09 pm »
hi, sigle end, classA tube amp match them best, if you dont have a huge room. I tried many tube amp on my 3a, I settle on 300b, 8w audio note kit1. hope that help.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

About your advice: I listen to lots of classical music, which is very demanding in terms of dynamics(orchestra), so I don't think that  would be the right choice for me...I'm looking for some more watts.

By the way, speaking of classical music: how do you guys feel with the  performances of the Decapo with this genre(assuming that DC should sound quite similar to my MMC).
I personally don't find  MMC so suited to classical music, at least with my setup; listening to orchestra(because of theirs expressiveness) lacks some sense of composure that would give a more smooth listening experience.I would like also a tad leaner sound...but here it's probably also my amplifier's fault.

Regards

Sacha

ciao Mauro :wink: