Kerouac PC suggestions needed

Woodsea

« on: 23 Aug 2003, 01:01 am »
We have decided to head west for 4 mos. :D  
We are driving :)  
We have a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old :D
They are coming with us :roll:
I need a laptop so my 4 yr old is entertained in the back seat and the 1 yr old is mezmerized by the wacky wiggles from downunder.
What do you suggest?  Brand wise that is.
I would like to be able to play previous years games (quake3, dungeonseige) as well so would like the ATI 7500 or 9000 video card in it.  But the wife does not need to know :wink:
I will be bringing along my 2 front speakers, X-box, and H&K520,  :( I will be leaving the Sub, just to big.
It is nice being a nurse, and go on working vacations :P

bubba966

« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2003, 01:19 am »
While I've not looked at any laptops in the last year or two, I can mention what used to be good back then.

Had good luck with Toshiba, IBM, Sony, & Dell. Don't know what any of them are currently offering. Toshiba's don't seem to be as overpriced as the others I mentioned, so you might want to check them out first.

Where you headed out here?

Rocket

hi
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2003, 01:24 am »
hi,

not what you really asked for but buy a nintendo advance and a couple of games.  kids really like them.

regards

rocket

Woodsea

« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2003, 02:13 am »
45 min south.  St Joe's hospital in Tacoma.  Gonna do a 8/9-12/9 stint.  Never really done anything in Tacoma and it is cheaper than Seattle.  Carpe' Diem  :lol:  
Brian you can check out my 626's but probably not the Original sub.  Kurtis, my brother went for the infinite baffle for a sub solution which he describes as being smack in the action, but not chest pounding.  Interesting, will be checking that real soon.  Yes, I am still using the x-box as gaming,dvd,cd player  :wink:
Looking at sony's at Ubid....any other ideas?

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2003, 08:07 pm »