Pimp my Decware

guillaume bougard

Pimp my Decware
« on: 1 Feb 2019, 01:38 pm »
I have several pairs of Omega speakers and a couple of Decware amplifiers
I’ve always been a wee bit frustrated by the Decwares’ lack of PHAT BASS, feeling that my Omegas didn’t reveal their full potential with them
Well guess what, I’ve just found a small $110 device that makes me hear my Omegas the way I’ve always wanted: fat bass, well defined highs.
It’s the Loki by Schiit. It works wonders.

http://www.schiit.com/products/loki

I know purists will probably want to stone me to death for suggesting that people add an equalizer to an amp, and they’ll probably be right, but it has changed by life.

roscoe65

Re: Pimp my Decware
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2019, 01:47 pm »
You could also check out the Bottlehead Fix, which is a similar tone control.

mick wolfe

« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2019, 05:20 pm »
I have several pairs of Omega speakers and a couple of Decware amplifiers
I’ve always been a wee bit frustrated by the Decwares’ lack of PHAT BASS, feeling that my Omegas didn’t reveal their full potential with them
Well guess what, I’ve just found a small $110 device that makes me hear my Omegas the way I’ve always wanted: fat bass, well defined highs.
It’s the Loki by Schiit. It works wonders.

http://www.schiit.com/products/loki

I know purists will probably want to stone me to death for suggesting that people add an equalizer to an amp, and they’ll probably be right, but it has changed by life.

Don't feel bad. I use a Loki in my HT/casual system to rane in the bass. Just the opposite of your needs. I tried several passive methods, but the Loki was far more effective with no need to further clutter the room with massive traps.  A very reasonable and neutral solution that has only added to my musical enjoyment.

ricardojoa

« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2019, 11:06 pm »
Tone controls are real. I have nuforce av18 with eq. I bumped 1.5 db at 70 n 90 hz and it sounds like a larger speaker with fat bass and i can always return to direct with a punch of a button :)

RoadTripper

« Reply #5 on: 2 Feb 2019, 05:15 am »
How'd you get it for $110? Looks like $149 to me.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #7 on: 2 Feb 2019, 04:06 pm »
How'd you get it for $110? Looks like $149 to me.
That's a typo, it's indeed 150 bucks

pursuitofnow

« Reply #8 on: 2 Feb 2019, 04:28 pm »
I wasn't aware of the Loki when I went looking for a solution. I decided to go with the ZROCK II and while it does cost more it sounds fantastic and gave me the bass and mid bass I was looking for without mucking up the mids and treble.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #9 on: 2 Feb 2019, 06:41 pm »
$779 brother
Would I hear the difference

pursuitofnow

« Reply #10 on: 2 Feb 2019, 07:55 pm »
you know, I'm not sure. One way to find out ;) I'm sure if you didn't like the zrock you could flip it pretty easily and quickly.