Introduction

Faralon

Introduction
« on: 9 Jun 2020, 02:40 pm »
Hey all.  Long time lurker, finally made an account.

Going to build the Encore's.  This will be my 3rd DIT build.

1st were the Neo Nano's, via the kit from DIYSoundGroup.  I don't think they sell that kit anymore.

2nd were the Ochocinco's from HTGuide.com  made the cabinets myself this time.  I documented that build here:
www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php?41638-Ochocinco-build-thread-Building-3-MTM-s-Completed

3rd will be the Encore's.

Has anyone ever done a build that was front ported for the Encore's?  They will initially be going into two in wall book shelves to the left and right of our fireplace.  Since they'll be somewhat "boxed in", I was thinking about a front port.  If not, I'll just use them as is.

Thanks all!

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2020, 01:36 pm »
Heya, & welcome to Audio Circle!

I've heard about people front porting some of Danny's designs like the AV-O and X-Omni, but not the X-LS. Usually the most given suggestion is to just plug the rear port so it can be easily used in a confined space or near to walls, and removed for standard use.

Hope that helps!

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2020, 02:48 pm »
Welcome to AC.

These were designed to be free standing speakers. So we have compensated for baffle step loss.

Putting them into something will pick up the whole lower range and make them a bit fat sounding from about 600Hz and down. So keep that in mind.

If you build the floor standing version then you can port them out the front.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2020, 04:13 pm »
Welcome!