Got myself a NuForce MCH-2-C5!!

THX-UltraII

Got myself a NuForce MCH-2-C5!!
« on: 5 Jun 2012, 01:36 pm »
I just bought a new MCH-2-C5 5ch amp! I m really exited and it sounded great at the demo of my dealer. Let s hope it will sound great in my setup too. I have some questions about it:

- Is the MCH-2-C5 true balanced build?
- If so, is my current Onkyo 886 processor balanced build?
- Anyone have experience with the Teufel Theater 8 THX UltraII set? I own them and the MCH-2-C5 will feed them.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Got myself a NuForce MCH-2-C5!!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2012, 08:44 pm »
All Nuforce power amps that have XLR are true balance. Yes.

THX-UltraII

Re: Got myself a NuForce MCH-2-C5!!
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2012, 02:25 pm »
Big troubles here:

I put on my MCH-2-C5 last week and there was a lot of smoke comming out from the top panel immediately. I shut it down and brought it back to my dealer. There s a change there will be some discussion about warranty or not. Let my explain why I m sure this has to be repaired under full warranty:

I bought the MCH-2-C5 as demo model from the dealer (Holland Link Kapelle, the Netherlands) for what I think (thought?) is a good price, € 1350,00. It was a quick buy and did not test the amplifier over there. The dealer DID NOT told me anything about first connecting my speakers to the MCH-2-C5. So to be sure that the MCH-2-C5 I connected it with the original 220v cable. Then it fried......

The most important reasons why the amplifier has to be repaired under full warranty:

1. There was NO STICKER at the bottom of the amplifier with the wiring waring. This sticker was also NOT in the box anymore. The dealer already atmitted that he did not know of any sticker. Strangely there are some vague traces of stickers at the bottom of the amplifier. Why did the dealer told me he did not knew anything about a sticker....... He told me it is a demo model and I am the first user of the ampliflier......

2. I did not fed the amplifier with a hard signal.

3. The auto power shut down prevention circuit DID NOT WORK while this has to be. This is a product fault.

The MCH-2-C5 is at Robytone at the moment for investigation. I ll keep this post updated with information.

One thing I would like to know is how old the amplifier is. The dealer told me it was on demo with him for only one year but the serial number is 0000059. I have a feeling this is one of the first MCH-2-C5's but I would like to know how old it is so I can maybe find out if I am the first user or not.