Kaplan Cable GS MkII power cord review in Positive Feedback

Occam

I'm thrilled with the review just posted in the November Positive Feedback -
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue52/kaplan.htm

Although choosing the specific implementation of the 3 available for the cord, source, amp and solo  requires some guidance, the results are IMO well worth it. As Michael Wechsberg put it -
The next, and final thing I tried was to remove the level 8 cord from my system and substitute the level 4 cord for my power conditioner. This produced the best result of all. The bass was well defined, deep and dynamic (just a tad less spectacular than the level 8 cord), but the greatest improvement was in the midrange and highs. Gone was the dry sound and back was the liquid, coherent sound that I love from my tube based system. Individual singers floated in the recorded acoustic in a beautiful and realistic way. Piano passages were now well placed in both tone and space and highs were crystal clear, close to the best I have heard so far in my ever-changing system

Purchasers of the original GS power cords are not forgotten. They can have their original cords totally rebuilt to MkII specifications for $300.
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2011, 02:23 pm by Occam »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Kaplan Cable GS MkII power cord review in Positive Feedback
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2010, 10:34 pm »
I expected nothing less than a glowing report. Your products are worth it and I am still a skeptic of wires, etc...but not when it comes to Kaplan. There is Kaplan power cords and there is everybody else.

Anand.

mgalusha

« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2010, 10:39 pm »
Very nice Paul and I'm not at all surprised. The question is, can one smoke the "whizbang"?   :smoke:

Occam

« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2010, 11:58 pm »
Thanks Gents,

I've decided to keep the name 'Whizbang' for my proprietary treatment. When Michael, the reviewer asked for details on the implementation I replied that the 'Whizbang' is proprietary. I really didn't mean it to actually be its name, but, as I'm not telling nobody nuth'n 'bout it, it will do.

Very nice Paul and I'm not at all surprised. The question is, can one smoke the "whizbang"?
Not unless you have a very serious death wish. Some of the steps involved really do require that well ventilated area.....

Anand - I'm very flattered, but there are some amazingly good cords out there not made by me. But I really do try to provide the best comparative value I can.

Regards,
Paul

TomW16

« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2010, 12:19 am »
I'm not telling nobody nuth'n 'bout it, it will do.

With all of those double negatives, I believe that you're keeping the whizbang treatment a secret  :lol:

Congratulations on the well reviewed power cables.

Tom

Levi

« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2010, 03:36 am »
Congrats Paul.  :thumb:

SET Man

« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2010, 03:49 am »
Hey!

Congratulation Paul. :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb: