Nuprime IDA-6 clicking sound

jtmsrl

Nuprime IDA-6 clicking sound
« on: 11 Jan 2020, 08:47 pm »
Ive used this Nuprime amplifier with my Polk S15 speakers for more than a month and this last 2 days Ive been running into a problem. After some minutes playing music, a clicking sound starts and it doesnt end until I turn off the amp. I uploaded a video to show the issue. Can someone guess whats going on?

https://vimeo.com/384245122?ref=tw-share

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Nuprime IDA-6 clicking sound
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2020, 12:43 am »
I listened to your video, but I've never heard that sound with any of my Nuprime gear. Sorry. However, I watched the next video - all 15 minutes of it. I gained a little knowledge about old juke boxes and 'discovered' an old, old song called "Shakin' All Over" by Johnny and the Pirates. It's definitely a catchy tune. I'm pretty sure I'd never heard it before.

If you hadn't posted your video, and Vimeo hadn't automatically played the following video, I wouldn't have discovered this old song. I just wanted to show you my appreciation.

Have a nice day!

Michael 

avta

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2020, 12:50 am »
Have you tried disconnecting the unit from power for a few minutes?

jtmsrl

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2020, 12:18 pm »
I listened to your video, but I've never heard that sound with any of my Nuprime gear. Sorry. However, I watched the next video - all 15 minutes of it. I gained a little knowledge about old juke boxes and 'discovered' an old, old song called "Shakin' All Over" by Johnny and the Pirates. It's definitely a catchy tune. I'm pretty sure I'd never heard it before.

If you hadn't posted your video, and Vimeo hadn't automatically played the following video, I wouldn't have discovered this old song. I just wanted to show you my appreciation.

Have a nice day!

Michael

Well I’m glad you took something good from this, Ill give that video a try

jtmsrl

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2020, 12:19 pm »
Have you tried disconnecting the unit from power for a few minutes?

Yeah, turned off for about an hour and still the same. Although I noticed that the frequency was different