Hey guys, I'm in Nebraska.

Danny Richie

Hey guys, I'm in Nebraska.
« on: 6 Apr 2012, 09:35 pm »
I took my daughter college visiting. I'll be back on Monday.

My access to the Internet is limited and I'll follow up when I can. So please be patient with me.

nrenter

Re: Hey guys, I'm in Nebraska.
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2012, 09:39 pm »
Omaha, Lincoln, or other? If you need any advice or help with anything, shoot me a PM (nrenter (at) alumni (dot) northwestern (dot) edu - I grew up there, go back often, and have lots of friends / resources in the area.

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2012, 09:54 pm »
Omaha, Lincoln, or other? If you need any advice or help with anything, shoot me a PM (nrenter (at) alumni (dot) northwestern (dot) edu - I grew up there, go back often, and have lots of friends / resources in the area.

York College.

nrenter

« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2012, 10:17 pm »
Too far west for me to be of use. Although I do know that stretch of 81 well.

mojave

« Reply #4 on: 6 Apr 2012, 10:27 pm »
Welcome to Nebraska!  :wave:

shawnbaden

« Reply #5 on: 6 Apr 2012, 10:43 pm »
Sweet.  I'm not a regular contributor here on AC but I'm originally from south of York and now live in Lincoln.  I won't be in Lincoln this weekend but I can help you out with any questions about York or Nebraska in general.

Food?  The "best" dining in York is going to be Chances 'R' (chancesryork.com).  Please keep in mind "best" is relative to York.  :)  Their Sunday morning brunch buffet is a fun time!

Fly into Lincoln?

tesseract

« Reply #6 on: 7 Apr 2012, 06:13 am »
Hey Danny, welcome.

+1 on Chances R, but you probably already know your way around York.    :D

Rclark

« Reply #7 on: 7 Apr 2012, 07:27 am »
Your daughter will have the best sound of any dorm there...  :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 7 Apr 2012, 07:18 pm »
Fly into Lincoln?

We drove up.

I went to college for two years at York College myself. I loved it here. Being back brings back a lot of good memories.

Danny Richie

« Reply #9 on: 9 Apr 2012, 03:26 pm »
Home again home again. I now have several orders to ship and a pile of e-mails. Please hang in there.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #10 on: 9 Apr 2012, 04:26 pm »
Omaha was one of the cities I visited in my professional days.  Then, there was a nice downtown music and bar scene.  A little art movie house on the west side and lots of acoustic music on the PBS radio station.  Chech restaurants on the south side.  Pretty autumns.  Lincoln was livelier, tho, cause of the University.  Pleasant town to me.