HAL Magnetar II baffle testing

TRADERXFAN

• Trillions will vanish... it's a debt blackhole.
    • GALLERY
Re: HAL Magnetar II baffle testing
« Reply #20 on: 1 Jun 2023, 04:34 pm »
Hi,
is this something for a personal use or something you are going to offer for sale? very interesting!

Would love to see the off axis plots if you get to that point

Tony

uncola

« Reply #21 on: 2 Jun 2023, 03:24 am »
I believe he sells it as a complete system, with the gr research open baffle subs and dspnexus active crossover/dac/preamp with his custom settings for the magnetar

HAL

« Reply #22 on: 2 Jun 2023, 10:53 am »
Hi,
is this something for a personal use or something you are going to offer for sale? very interesting!

Would love to see the off axis plots if you get to that point

Tony
The system is available as either a kit or built system.  Price depends on a few things, so better to discuss individual requirements for the answer.

My work space is being rebuilt after water damage, so no way to do off axis measurements for a long time. 

In listening in a real room, the horizontal response is much wider than a BG NEO10 planar and works well for a wideband driver as I am using it in this system.

The system is now setup for LSAF2023 in Dallas TX for listening this weekend. The dspNexus designer is here as well for discussions.

uncola

« Reply #23 on: 2 Jun 2023, 02:17 pm »
Now that your flagship speaker is a 2 way, I guess you could implement the crossover in a minidsp flex for a lower barrier to entry cost.  Although I know the dspnexus is a higher end product than minidsp's options

HAL

« Reply #24 on: 6 Jun 2023, 10:39 am »
uncola,
The miniDSP is a good entry level system to DSP crossovers. 

The sound quality of this system would be very compromised using one, so with the cost of the system before the DSP crossover, it makes more sense to use a dspNexus 2x8. 

There is a lot more going on with the Audio Weaver software that the miniDSP does not have even from the implementation of the filters themselves. 

This would be the entry level system.  The flagship is coming next. :)

Heuserj

« Reply #25 on: 2 Dec 2023, 12:48 pm »
Is it possible to order a flat pack of the Magnetar II baffles?

John

HAL

« Reply #26 on: 3 Dec 2023, 12:47 am »
They are completed baffles with drivers and DSP crossover for sale.