ACI Force (or any other ACI sub) with Cowboy Junkies

MBWD

Ok.  I know this is a bit of an odd question.  But I recently purchased a Force sub and, overall, it integrates seamlessly into my system.  However, when I play a particular Cowboy Junkies album, the bass is boomy.  As a long time Junkies fan, I was prepared for some over-bass, as they seem to inject a low level bass into all of their albums. 

Anyway, the album is Early 21st Century Blues -- which is really terrific.  The song on which the boominess is most pronounced is Track 7 (Handouts in the Rain). 

Are there any Junkies listeners out there with a Force, Titan, or Maestro that would care to give this cd a spin and let me know if it is the cd or a problem with my system (I know, unlikely given that all other CDs sound fine--except Track 3 or 4 on David Gray's White Ladder, which I also can't get to sound right)?

Thanks. - M.

Mike Dzurko

Re: ACI Force (or any other ACI sub) with Cowboy Junkies
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2006, 08:31 pm »
You're right . . . I have a couple Cowboy Junkie CDs, and some of the songs are mixed with what I'd consider too much bass. Setup the sub so it sounds good with the majority of your recordings.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: ACI Force (or any other ACI sub) with Cowboy Junkies
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2006, 08:58 pm »
I don't have ACI but that CD is bloated with bass.  I turn my subs way down when I play it.  They don't sound like that live.  I don't know why they mix their studio production with so much rumbling to drown out Margot's lovely voice.  :scratch: