Nuforce UF-30 Headphones

mandolin!

Nuforce UF-30 Headphones
« on: 6 Mar 2009, 12:29 pm »
Ok Jason, time to give us poor Nuforce fans a little more info on these new headphones... :D

Toka

Re: Nuforce UF-30 Headphones
« Reply #1 on: 7 Mar 2009, 12:19 am »
Ok Jason, time to give us poor Nuforce fans a little more info on these new headphones... :D

I will second this request.  :drool:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 7 Mar 2009, 02:53 am »
You can see the specs and details on http://www.nuforce-icon.com/Product-headphone.htm

This headphones will achieve the same fame as NE-7M.  An earlier version was shown at CES, and later auditioned by a few golden ear audiophiles who know a thing or two about headphones. Then we went back and did two more rounds of refinement.  So when this UF-30 goes into production, it will be one of the best headphones under $300.  The retail price is currently estimated to be $69, but it might have to be $79.  We added some cost at the last minute to improve the fit and finishing.

UF-30 has superb clarity, sound stage, dynamic, bass, speed and yet sounded fluid and smooth.

mandolin!

« Reply #3 on: 7 Mar 2009, 08:22 am »
Thanks Jason

If I've got it right, Nuforce have used the Ultrasone drivers and then added your own patented "stuff"?

Can you confirm they are on-ear type earphones, not circumaural?

santacore

« Reply #4 on: 7 Mar 2009, 03:57 pm »
Looks good, I can't wait to hear a pair. Any chance a pair of these will be at CanJam '09 in Los Angeles? It would be a great chance to expose them to a huge audience.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2009, 02:19 am »
We should have samples of all 4 colors by end of next week: (black, red, yellow, perl white).
See the drop dead gorgeous metallic red UF-30 photo here:

santacore

« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2009, 02:49 am »
Damn sexy looking! Hopefully they sound as good as they look.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jun 2009, 12:07 pm »
You can pre order UF-30 on our online store amazon.nuforce-icon.com for shipping on June 30. Only 60 sets will be available for promotional discount of $63.  You can still buy them at the regular price of $79 after the promotion.

Daeder

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jun 2009, 04:45 pm »
Hey, saw your latest uf-30 message. You said 63 for promotional price for the first 60 sets.

Can I order 2 of them and still get both promotional?

timothyharnett

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jun 2009, 06:26 pm »
Something tells me we're not going to get them in the UK for $63 (39 UKP).  :(

Toka

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jun 2009, 01:29 am »
They are most excellent.  8) Will post some more when I settle back in from vacation and get some more listening done...

phoenix_rising

« Reply #11 on: 26 Jun 2009, 08:28 am »
You can pre order UF-30 on our online store amazon.nuforce-icon.com for shipping on June 30. Only 60 sets will be available for promotional discount of $63.  You can still buy them at the regular price of $79 after the promotion.

I hope you intend to build a high end headphone. I for one would buy them in a flash. I will get this one when it comes out as a portable unit.

Toka

« Reply #12 on: 9 Jul 2009, 06:59 pm »
Ok, well I have done enough listening with them to comment properly...

First thing, these 'phones do not look or "feel" like they cost $79...I don't think you would confuse them with $1,000+ 'phones, but I would never guess they were so affordable just by holding them.

Second thing, they are light and very comfortable. I tend to avoid headphones unless necessary as most don't sit well on my head (I have a big head I guess). Most are ok for a while but then the "vice" effect takes place and I have to take them off. Well, the UF-30 don't cause that problem at all. No "squeeze" going on, and they are light enough that I almost don't realize they are even there. I tend to prefer "around the ear" as opposed to "on the ear" but the pads on these are soft enough that it doesn't bother me.

Now, sound quality...tonality wise, I'd put them very close to the NE-8's, and by extension, the Icon desktop setup. Clean, clear, very open sounding. I am not familiar with S-Logic or Ultrasone's products but one thing I noticed right away was the height of the soundstage...on some recordings the sound almost appeared to be above my head. It didn't come across as gimmicky, or in a "fake surround" kind of way, just felt very "big". Nice width to the soundstage too, of course, but I suppose I was expecting that a bit more.

I don't want to give the impression that you need to sell your TOTL Stax or Sennheisers, because they are different beasts altogether, offering things the UF-30 doesn't do (more bass for one). But then again even if you have those giants I think the UF-30 make a perfect 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th, etc) set, as they are very portable (beyond being light they also fold up, and I believe the full production model will come with a carrying case), and offer a sound quality that is honest to the source.

Finally, I think its great that NuForce offers these in so many different colors...while I can't imagine going with something other than black/white, I know other people that want something more "unique and noticeable", so now everybody can be happy.