Nomad Audio : Ronin Slight Upgrades for Final Full-Price

PaulHilgeman

Well, I finally got my Ronins back from Stereo Times, homefully a review will be up within 6 weeks.

There have been a few minor upgrades that I have been planning to do. 

Shown below, the outriggers are always an option and, the binding posts will be standard on all models sold at $4500.00, and upgrades on all models sold at $3250.00 and are obviously upgradable on units shipped already.

First, Outriggers, I decided against a plinth from the start, as it detracted from the slim lines of the Ronin's shape.  However, for some people, spikes under the speaker may not provide enough stability.  These definitely help, look good and retain the original sound quality achieved with spikes. 

Second, the binding posts are definitely the best that I have ever worked with.  They look great, function perfectly for a binding post.  They remain small, yet it is very easy to apply a ton of torque just with your fingers.

Lastly, all models bought at the $4500.00 price will receive an internal wiring that I feel is slightly better.  I played with DH Labs, silver coated copper, Cardas, the Dayton wire that I was using and one of the Furutech wires.  The Furutech worked best with the Ronin.  Because of the hassle, These are field upgradable, I will ship terminated wire kits to existing customers if they are interested in doing it for free.

Pictures of wire just arent interesting.  The website will be updated soon.

Regards,
Paul Hilgeman
Nomad Audio