RMAF 2010 Purchases

JoshK

Re: RMAF 2010 Purchases
« Reply #20 on: 20 Oct 2010, 08:04 pm »
Part of the reason for an audio show is to sell things or buy new goodies.

Did anyone actually purchase anything at the show? If so, tell us about your new toys.

I splurged and bought a new motor for my 'table. I paid for a new Verus motor from Teres Audio for my table. I've wanted to upgrade for a couple of years but just didn't want to lay down the long green. Talking with Chris Brady this year convinced me it was the right time to make the move.  8)

Also picked up some more high res music, Reference Recordings HRx of Britten's Orchestra and a Chesky 192/24 of Jimmy Cobb.

Congrats.  I got that motor too this year.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #21 on: 20 Oct 2010, 11:29 pm »
I have a couple of the Pi Audio diffusers from the GR-Research room that Danny brought back to Texas for me.  I should have them installed next week, and I'll post my impressions on the Pi Audio circle.  I'm still looking to get the sound of my LS9's tweaked like I want them.
Scott

Douger

« Reply #22 on: 26 Nov 2010, 10:27 pm »
Sorry to take so long, busy working or listening. I bought the Okki Nokki Record cleaning machine from ListenUp and the 600 gram copper record stabilizing ring
from TTWeights. I'm very happy with both! I also got Gladiator on vinyl and Mardi Gras by CCR, and a box set of Mozart piano sonatas by Robert Silverman.
I will be an attendee at all future Rocky Mountain Audio Fests as long as I can...
Good Listening,
Douger