LP to CD and Hi Rez disc

mgalusha

Re: LP to CD and Hi Rez disc
« Reply #20 on: 12 Aug 2011, 03:03 am »
I did import the audio to my iTunes and burned a disc and it does play on my ancient CD player. After I imported the audio CD to iTunes I rescanned squeeze box but squeeze box can't find it so it is not in that library.

Hmm, well if iTunes imported it to a path that the squeezebox knows about it should find it but I've had trouble before with the SB software not finding things and have had to resort to rebuilding the database, which can take quite some time depending on the amount of music on hand.

mike

Charles Calkins

« Reply #21 on: 12 Aug 2011, 03:29 am »
Mike:
 Now that you mention it in the past when the SB software has acted strange and caused me fits I've deleted it and reinstalled it again from Logitech. Seem to work okay after that. I'll do it tomorrow and see what happens.

Cheers
                                            Charlie

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #22 on: 14 Aug 2011, 01:02 am »
Charlie,

Remember when you connect your computer USB to your HiFace and then to your Vision Hybrid DAC, you'll still need to move the internal jumper in the DAC when you want to play high res files. One position in the DAC for CD and lower res files, the other position in the DAC for high res files.

Mike:
 I did import the audio to my iTunes and burned a disc and it does play on my ancient CD player. After I imported the audio CD to iTunes I rescanned squeeze box but squeeze box can't find it so it is not in that library.
 I don't think I'll be getting a Hi Res DAC any time soon. I bought a Vision Hybrid DAC from Van Alstine and I'm very impressed with I hear now.

Thanks
                                                          Charlie

Charles Calkins

« Reply #23 on: 14 Aug 2011, 01:03 pm »
Hmm, well if iTunes imported it to a path that the squeezebox knows about it should find it but I've had trouble before with the SB software not finding things and have had to resort to rebuilding the database, which can take quite some time depending on the amount of music on hand.

mike
Mike:

Here is a head scratcher for you. Just fooling around here this morning and went into Windows media player. Some of my tunes in there are same as in iTunes. WMP has about 125 tunes in it and iTunes has 3681. I've never ripped an album into the WMP library before because iTunes is my #1 music library and I do all my ripping in to it. I don't know what gave me the idea to rip the CD you did for me into the WMP library but anyhow I did. I figured out how to put it into a folder with the name of the artist on it "Ernie Heckscher" The list of tunes are just numbered 1 through 12. That's okay no big deal. Then I went to squeeze box and rescanned looking for new or recently changed tunes. Now as you know the CD is already in iTunes with the same label and squeeze box can't find it. Well!! Guess What!! After the rescan it is now in the squeeze box library and plays just fine. How about that??? Go figure. It's way above my head. Did learn something new today though.

Cheers
                                           Charlie

Charles Calkins

« Reply #24 on: 15 Aug 2011, 09:57 pm »
Bump. I don't think Mike has seen this.

HEY!!! Mike: Read this.

Cheers
                                                  Charlie

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #25 on: 15 Aug 2011, 10:03 pm »
Charles, Please resend as a new thread in discless circle, or I can split this topic and send there.  It will get way more looks than here cuz it is unrelated to hirez.

Likely just a rescan did it.  When I used Sqeezebox it would occasionally take multiple rescans to finally find a new album.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #26 on: 15 Aug 2011, 10:21 pm »
I tried rescanning squeeze box several times. Never got it into squeeze box library. Finally got it into squeeze box folder after I ripped it into WMP and rescanned squeeze box.